• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry ***, as much as I respect you and your political commitment that 'promise one thing, do another' jibe is no more than political parties of all colours have been doing for decades. As much as it may be true it's a very weak argument and the term 'those in glass houses' springs to mind.
don't point out May's broken promises because other politicians break promises too is a weaker argument IMO

don't point out May's broken promises because other politicians break promises too is a weaker argument IMO

There is also the perfectly valid point that Mrs May is the leader of HMG.After 8 years of Tory austerity (and more to come after Brexit) it's high time this clueless Tory government was voted out of office.

There is also the perfectly valid point that Mrs May is the leader of HMG.After 8 years of Tory austerity (and more to come after Brexit) it's high time this clueless Tory government was voted out of office.

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I would however, be scared ****less, if Corbyn & Abbott took the reigns

Not going to happen uncle*,so best you stay in sunny Spain.

No question that I'll be staying in Spain for the forseeable future.It was particularly sunny today ,thanks, and looks like staying that way for the time being.

Since neither of my brothers have any children,unfortunately,it doesn't look like I'll be anyone's "uncle " in the future ,including yours.

Btw, in Spanish, the word uncle* (tio) is used as a term of endearment by younger people for older people (like me).I suspect that's not quite the way you intended it.:winking:

(As to Jeremy Corbyn and Labour winning the next G/E we'll just have to wait and see.I notice in today's Observer-won't trouble you with a link-that the two major parties are now 50-50 in the polls).:thumbsup:

Some highlights of the last 48 hours of the current government.

Some who were given the right to stay in U.K. in 1971 have been deported in error.

Jeremy Hunt forgot he bought 7 luxury flats so didn't declare them as an asset.

Work and Pensions Secretary Esther McVey has described the "rape clause" as an opportunity for victims to get help because they get to talk about their experiences when applying for funds.

Whilst having to finally discuss sidestepping international law and sidestepping Parliament to make token gesture of bombing Syria whilst still selling arms to the Saudis.

Some highlights of the last 48 hours of the current government.

Some who were given the right to stay in U.K. in 1971 have been deported in error.

Jeremy Hunt forgot he bought 7 luxury flats so didn't declare them as an asset.

Work and Pensions Secretary Esther McVey has described the "rape clause" as an opportunity for victims to get help because they get to talk about their experiences when applying for funds.

Whilst having to finally discuss sidestepping international law and sidestepping Parliament to make token gesture of bombing Syria whilst still selling arms to the Saudis.

Funny how you won't say a word about the 1000's of victims raped by muslim gangs. It turns out some of them were as young as 7

Not sure what's worse the crime itself or the or the attempts to silence debate by Labour and its supporters

Corbyn quickly melted over the Salisbury 'incident' after the media turned on him. Which is why May was free to do what she wanted over Syria. His total lack of leadership has played right into their hands.

Funny how you won't say a word about the 1000's of victims raped by muslim gangs. It turns out some of them were as young as 7

Not sure what's worse the crime itself or the or the attempts to silence debate by Labour and its supporters
if you look back you will see that we have discussed it many many times, but other things happen too and as clearly stated these are things that have happened over the last 48 hours

Mods - could you please create a feature that will seek out and paste my standard reply to Rigsby's standard deflection from criticism of the government? Save a lot of time. Maybe the question and reply could be flagged up as a repeat like they used to do on the BBC so other Zone members know they shouldn't expect anything new.

Corbyn quickly melted over the Salisbury 'incident' after the media turned on him. Which is why May was free to do what she wanted over Syria. His total lack of leadership has played right into their hands.
I've said this before but rape is a disgusting crime. I've said this before but anyone who knows about a case of rape and doesn't intervene should be prosecuted. I'm 100% sure you recall us having this conversation before.

It's a subject that you mention constantly. Are you doing that just to shut down other discussions? That's what you seem to be doing - seems like a policy of disruption.

If you are genuinely concerned, have you done anything about your concerns other than constantly air them on here? What actions have you taken?

I've said this before but rape is a disgusting crime. I've said this before but anyone who knows about a case of rape and doesn't intervene should be prosecuted. I'm 100% sure you recall us having this conversation before.

It's a subject that you mention constantly. Are you doing that just to shut down other discussions? That's what you seem to be doing - seems like a policy of disruption.

If you are genuinely concerned, have you done anything about your concerns other than constantly air them on here? What actions have you taken?

What about Corbyns silence on Syria. Yet again when it really counts, Brexit, mass rape, he is nowhere to be seen. Which is really why you have jumped on the Teresa May thread.

What about Corbyns silence on Syria. Yet again when it really counts, Brexit, mass rape, he is nowhere to be seen. Which is really why you have jumped on the Teresa May thread.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43792159

Jeremy Corbyn has not been silent on Syria.He secured today's emergency debate after accusing the PM of by-passing Parliament.

"Labour leader Mr Corbyn said the decision to authorise air strikes without Parliament's approval set a precedent for possible, more dangerous action in the future."

He's right.

Sometimes, as PM, you have to make difficult decisions quickly. Isn't that what happened here, and doesn't she have that right, even if it's a not often used one?

What about addressing the points made in this thread and talking Corbyn in the Corbyn thread?

Back