• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No doubt he will. It was great that the youths have been given a chance be not so great its only because Browns signings are injured. I'd have more respect if he actually played the likes of Yearwood on merit. Doubt he will get another chance this season now

Yearwood will lose his place merit. He isn't good enough for a league 1 side as yet. Not to say in a year or two he couldn't be.

Besides you have never given Brown any credit. It's tiresome. You really need to get over that crush on Sturrock. He went a while ago now.

If you don't give these kids a chance (decent run in the team) how will you ever know just how good they could be? MK Dons stuck with Dele Alli and that didn't turn out too shabby did it :smile:

Yearwood will lose his place merit. He isn't good enough for a league 1 side as yet. Not to say in a year or two he couldn't be.

Besides you have never given Brown any credit. It's tiresome. You really need to get over that crush on Sturrock. He went a while ago now.

Personally I think Yearwood is good enough but he won't get a long enough run.

As for Brown, I'm sure you are happy with these poor starts every season, not taking responsibility when we lose etc and that's fine, you are more than welcome to be happy about that but I'm not. You only have to go back to the LDV final to see how stubborn he is. Not playing the players that got you to the final, playing players out of position. Despite seeing his antics when at Hull, I was still keen to see what Brown really had to offer and that LDV final told me all I needed to know

Personally I think Yearwood is good enough but he won't get a long enough run.

As for Brown, I'm sure you are happy with these poor starts every season, not taking responsibility when we lose etc and that's fine, you are more than welcome to be happy about that but I'm not. You only have to go back to the LDV final to see how stubborn he is. Not playing the players that got you to the final, playing players out of position. Despite seeing his antics when at Hull, I was still keen to see what Brown really had to offer and that LDV final told me all I needed to know

I normally judge someone at the end of a season, or a project, as it gives a fairer viewpoint.

Season on season, better position ... suppose this is always in spite of PB.

Oh my god, this LDV final ... that whole thing was a farce, new manager, 2 games in .... but hey, lets harp on about something that happened 4 years ago and forget about other things.

Manager, that is stubborn, well I never ..... he must be the only manager ever to be stubborn !

So, regardless of whatever PB does, you have finished your judgement of him, after the LDV final ... wow ... that's such an impressive stance, kind of stubborn, but that's ok isn't it ( can I judge you on being stubborn then now ? )

No doubt he will. It was great that the youths have been given a chance be not so great its only because Browns signings are injured. I'd have more respect if he actually played the likes of Yearwood on merit. Doubt he will get another chance this season now

If he chooses Wright over Yearwood it will be on merit. Brown already raving about his performance yesterday.

I like Yearwood and think he will do well for us and when he is better than one of the other midfielders he will get a game, but he isnt going to play ahead of Wordsworth and Leonard as it is.

If you don't give these kids a chance (decent run in the team) how will you ever know just how good they could be? MK Dons stuck with Dele Alli and that didn't turn out too shabby did it :smile:

He is only 17 isnt he and already got games under his belt. Thats pretty good going, cant think of any other 17 year olds that have been played let alone start 3 out of 4, even if it was due to injury.

Also worth pointing out that giving these kids a run in the team (as forced into it we were) has resulted in zero games won.

I normally judge someone at the end of a season, or a project, as it gives a fairer viewpoint.

Season on season, better position ... suppose this is always in spite of PB.

Oh my god, this LDV final ... that whole thing was a farce, new manager, 2 games in .... but hey, lets harp on about something that happened 4 years ago and forget about other things.

Manager, that is stubborn, well I never ..... he must be the only manager ever to be stubborn !

So, regardless of whatever PB does, you have finished your judgement of him, after the LDV final ... wow ... that's such an impressive stance, kind of stubborn, but that's ok isn't it ( can I judge you on being stubborn then now ? )

If Brown makes a good choice, makes a sub that changes a game then I'll applaud that. It irks me he loves the adulation when that happens but can't take responsibility for the failures. He needs to hold his hands up and say I signed Turner and Kiernan knowing they weren't fit and it was a gamble that hasnt paid off

On the subject of higher position every year, we would be a championship club if we didn't fool about for the first 6 weeks of the season. Not sure your star of a higher position every season will hold water come the end of the season. I guess you will be able to exclude that from your stats though. Given the funds RM has handed Brown, I would expect us to improve season on season anyway

If Brown makes a good choice, makes a sub that changes a game then I'll applaud that. It irks me he loves the adulation when that happens but can't take responsibility for the failures. He needs to hold his hands up and say I signed Turner and Kiernan knowing they weren't for and it was a gamble that hasnt paid off

Is it not possible when they passed their medicals he believed they were fit? And why is Kiernan a gamble that hasnt paid off? He is only 26, plenty of time to be part of the team yet.

Any player is a gamble, Kightly is injured should he hold his hand up for that one too?

If he chooses Wright over Yearwood it will be on merit. Brown already raving about his performance yesterday.

I like Yearwood and think he will do well for us and when he is better than one of the other midfielders he will get a game, but he isnt going to play ahead of Wordsworth and Leonard as it is.

He is only 17 isnt he and already got games under his belt. Thats pretty good going, cant think of any other 17 year olds that have been played let alone start 3 out of 4, even if it was due to injury.

Also worth pointing out that giving these kids a run in the team (as forced into it we were) has resulted in zero games won.

We're also yet to keep a clean sheet without Elvis Bwomono in the defence but that didn't save him!

We're also yet to keep a clean sheet without Elvis Bwomono in the defence but that didn't save him!

I thought he was very wobbly the last game he played and only Leonard's speed saved a goal from one of his mistakes, wasn't at all surprised he didn't play Saturday.

If Brown makes a good choice, makes a sub that changes a game then I'll applaud that. It irks me he loves the adulation when that happens but can't take responsibility for the failures. He needs to hold his hands up and say I signed Turner and Kiernan knowing they weren't fit and it was a gamble that hasnt paid off

On the subject of higher position every year, we would be a championship club if we didn't fool about for the first 6 weeks of the season. Not sure your star of a higher position every season will hold water come the end of the season. I guess you will be able to exclude that from your stats though

Kiernan's on a 3 year deal. Lots of time for that to pay-off.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Brown with, but that's not one of them.

What? We're selling Kiernan? When did this happen?

You know the point I am making. I doubt we will get relegated but without our new signings playing, we aren't looking great. It's all well saying that looking long term with Kiernan is the way to go but I'd rather he was fit and ready to go now, not when we may be in a relegation battle

Back