• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things kids will never believe

Or not. Plenty of heavy smokers still about!

Looking about I believe OBESITY and SLOTH is the biggest cause of death, indirectly, now and for the near future.
Those (men) with a waist over 40 inches have at least 33% extra risk of cancer, and that rises as the waist size increases.

As for this thread topic, kids won't believe the poor were thin and the affluent people fat!

Looking about I believe OBESITY and SLOTH is the biggest cause of death, indirectly, now and for the near future.
Those (men) with a waist over 40 inches have at least 33% extra risk of cancer, and that rises as the waist size increases.

As for this thread topic, kids won't believe the poor were thin and the affluent people fat!

See, smoking had some benefits!!!

Again, not at all. My dad's sisters & his mum were absolutely huge but poor as church mice. It was all the pies/chips/steamed puddings.

Yorkshire pudding used to be eaten before the main meal.
"Those that eat most pudding gets most meat" was used to encourage the family ro fill right up with the cheap stuff before the more expensivemeat came out

Indeed, still eaten as a starter in many homes up North.

Probably an old wives tale so to speak, but I remember being told as a youngster that if you were ever invited around your boyfriend / girlfriends house for a Sunday lunch & their parents offered you the last "prized" yorkshire pudding, you met with their approval.

In case your wondering, I was never offered the last one :sad:

Interesting post by Firestorm, I've never heard of that saying, but makes complete sense if you have a growing family and a poor budget.

Back