• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
Blimey it's Wednesday evening and no pre match?

Ok, reckon this is the turning point! 3-1 away win, with Ranger getting off the mark, Coxy scoring a screamer and Wright grabbing a late goal on his debut...

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Kyprianou Hendrie
Lenny Wright Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Subs Smith, Elvis, Timlin, McGlashan, Yearwood, Robinson, MAF

Indeed, if fit then he is in at the expense of young Kyp !!

Know anything??

Could also be interesting to see Lenny on the right in midfield to cover defensively when Demi bombs forward

I know nothing....I'm from Barcalona:dim:

Will Ranger be playing? He will do well to get home from Fleetwood in time for his 7pm curfew.

My attempts to forecast the starting eleven are as bad as my prediction league selections. Be that as it may, I'm going for:

Oxley (lucky guess)

Demetriou White Ferdinand Hendrie

Wright Lenny Wordsworth McLaughlin

Cox Ranger

Bench - Smith, Yearwood, Elvis, Timlin, MAF, Theo, Kyprianou.

Blimey it's Wednesday evening and no pre match?

Ok, reckon this is the turning point! 3-1 away win, with Ranger getting off the mark, Coxy scoring a screamer and Wright grabbing a late goal on his debut...

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Kyprianou Hendrie
Lenny Wright Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Subs Smith, Elvis, Timlin, McGlashan, Yearwood, Robinson, MAF

Now we've got Wright in I think this is exactly where we should be playing Lenny in tight games, especially away from home.

We've been far too exposed with two out and out wingers in the side and teams are targeting us down the flanks because they know we've had a young kid at right back and a winger who doesn't track back enough in front of him. That's not a dig at McGlashan by the way, its just not his game, but Lenny would offer more protection. I think whilst we're still playing our way back into form we need to be keeping things tight for the first half and then maybe go for it a bit more in the second, especially away. We could always sub off Wordsworth or Wright in the second half and bring on Glash or McLaughlin and go more attacking if needed.

From a Fleetwood rag ;

They might be heading to Highbury on a nine match winless run, but tomorrow’s visitors Southend have been tipped as play-off place contenders by Fleetwood boss Uwe Rosler. Southend have only picked up seven points from their opening eight games but Rosler says Shrimpers boss Phil Brown has developed a side with Championship qualities. Rosler said: “It is not important where they are now; it is not important were we are now. It is important where you are at the beginning of May. “With the players Southend have and the coaching staff, they have a lot of experience. “Phil always set a team up like a Championship team and they have Championship qualities. That is what they are aiming for and I think they are a force to be reckoned with for those play-off places.” Town have never lost to the Shrimpers at Highbury butlast time the sides met there in January Fleetwood needed a last-gasp David Ball wonder goal to cancel out Anthony Wordsworth’s strike.It was a game that kept Town’s mammoth unbeaten run going and kept the Shrimpers at bay in the race for a play-off place.Brown’s men just missed out on a top- six finish last term, whenRosler’s side were fourth.And the Town boss says it will be an interesting battle tomorrow between two sides with different recruitment models – Brown has opted for experience, while Town have the youngest squad in the division. Rosler said: “Last year the games were very competitive, especially the game at home. We were actually fortunate to get the equaliser.“That was a big, big point for us because we kept Southend at a distance for the play-off places.Southend are getting a lot of experienced players, who are in the prime of their careers and have a lot of games under their belt.“They have a lot of game management and know exactly what to do. We are the opposite. “They didn’t have the best start to the season, but the longer the season goes those experienced players will win you games.“They have invested heavily. I know Rob Kiernan was not cheap from Glasgow Rangers. Now they have got Josh Wright from Gillingham, who scored last year 14 goals. They are a force to be reckoned with“I think it will be cagey, I don’t think the game will be won in the first 20 minutes. I think we have a game-plan and hopefully it will work.” for us, you never know.“I’m sure Phil will come up with something like he did last year, it is just an interesting battle between the two clubs and hopefully we can keep our one hundred percent (home) record.”

Seems like John White is back according to the last line of the Echo article on Ranger being tag free. Good news if he really is fit.

Oxley
Demi White AF Timlin
Wordsworth Lenny Wright McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Smith, Kyprianou, Klass, McGlashan, Robinson, Fortune, Hendrie

My attempts to forecast the starting eleven are as bad as my prediction league selections. Be that as it may, I'm going for:

Oxley (lucky guess)

Demetriou White Ferdinand Hendrie

Wright Lenny Wordsworth McLaughlin

Cox Ranger

Bench - Smith, Yearwood, Elvis, Timlin, MAF, Theo, Kyprianou.

Seems a bit harsh on McGlashan who has started to perform well, with him not on the bench we'll be left with only one Mac at Fleetwood.

So much for Rumours.

Oxley
Demetriou ferdinand kyprianou timlin
Wright leonard wordsworth mclaughlin
Cox ranger

Robinson , mcglashan , white, fortune , yearwood, smith , bridge

Seems a bit harsh on McGlashan who has started to perform well, with him not on the bench we'll be left with only one Mac at Fleetwood.

So much for Rumours.

Believe it or not, I thought long and hard before despatching McGlashan off the bench. I'm assuming that Wright will start and Timlin will be the casualty. So he's on my bench. Elvis, Dru and Kyprianou deserve to be in the squad as a reward for the last few weeks. MAF is my striker for Cox or Nile, which then left a straight choice between Theo and McGlashan and Theo won, predominately because I thought he was the better of the two as an impact sub against Northampton. The good thing is that PB picks the side for real so my choices are irrelevant anyway.

Someone has had a punt on us yesturday we were 23/10 to win the game with fleetwood being 1/1 now we are 6/4 and they are 9/5 that's quite a difference,

Oxley
Bwonomo, White, Ferdinand, Demetriou,
McGlashan, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin,
Ranger, Cox

I don't think Wright will start after just a week training and I don't think Demetriou will start on the left but I'd prefer him to. But it'll be Demetriou, White, Ferdinand and Hendrie making up the back four.

Back