• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think our league status in comparison to theirs would show that with ease

Overall football league position is only an indicator of recent history, not current form or quality of team. I reckon Billericay could consistently stuff Gillingham if they played enough..

Worth going to see this, will be a mixed Southend side for this as we always look to do well in this competition.

Wow. You think Southend United, a professional side in League 1, the biggest and best club in the county and highest in the pyramid- always look to do well in this competition? Astounding!
Have you seen our results in recent years?

I'll never forget the chant in the final of this comp against Chelmsford several years ago. You've got a Parrott, we've got a Barrett. Made me chuckle!!!

I am not sure why the club does not make a greater effort to win and be in effect "Champions of Essex".
Being the biggest club in the county - it is a little underwhelming to see the following have won the trophy more times than us:
Ilford
Walthamstow Avenue
Grays Athletic
Chelmsford City
Leyton
Leytonstone
Dagenham
Barking
Romford
Clapton
Tibury

Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Not really. For those clubs it is a second matter. It's arguably the fourth most prestigious comp we're in, it was the fifth before b teams were entered into the JPT.

Not really. For those clubs it is a second matter. It's arguably the fourth most prestigious comp we're in, it was the fifth before b teams were entered into the JPT.

But it should be a priority for our Reserve/Development/U21 side. Is worth winning and gives fringe players another competition,

Back