• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, I saw him play in the play-off home leg against Dartford where he had a quietish match before being substituted. Think he scored in the away leg.

Of all Billericay's high profile signings, Jake Robinson will prove the most astute and his goals will take them up.
Unless of course a BIG local club swoops,and gets him in exchange for another non-league Robinson who doesn't score goals!

Jake Robinson, who joined them from Hemel Hempstead, where he had scored 27 goals in 28 appearances, on 22 March 2017. The fee of £24,000 paid by Billericay Town is a club record.
this guy looks like a real steal at that price even at that level, scores goals from everywhere and the scouts will be looking at him already.

this guy looks like a real steal at that price even at that level, scores goals from everywhere and the scouts will be looking at him already.

his wages (when combined with whatever he does outside football) will be a stumbling block for anyone i'd guess.

his wages (when combined with whatever he does outside football) will be a stumbling block for anyone i'd guess.

Think he scored at Shrewsbury against us.

Probably the year that Anthony scored the late equaliser.

What’s the club house like, I understand there is a DJ every game and good for a few beers and a bit of music?

The clubhouse is nice, a huge big bar was put in during the summer making getting a drink easier than before. Two or three TVs showing sky sports but didn't see or hear a DJ last time I was there.

The clubhouse is nice, a huge big bar was put in during the summer making getting a drink easier than before. Two or three TVs showing sky sports but didn't see or hear a DJ last time I was there.

No real ale and a bit overpriced. Service fast, polite and pleasant though. Thankfully not a DJ to be seen or heard !

Shocking programme for £3! In the next leagues upwards,Chelmsford have 3 times as much,Orient 5 times as much ,to read in theirs.

To think GT wanted to charge £4 for it until he 'listened to the fans' and reduced the price back to £3! Chelmsford's programme is always good quality and a regular winner of awards.

Yep me and a mate will be going to this game even if it's mainly a under 23 Southend side:thumbsup:

Yep me and a mate will be going to this game even if it's mainly a under 23 Southend side:thumbsup:

Need a big shrimper following. Bound to be a good number from a Ricay. We need to show them who the best team in Essex is, on and off the pitch

Need a big shrimper following. Bound to be a good number from a Ricay. We need to show them who the best team in Essex is, on and off the pitch

Love to be there mate, but it's the same night that Squeeze play at the Cliffs Pavilion. No contest I'm afraid.

Tempted by this game, but tbh I'd like to think we will put out a half decent side. Am sure that their scrap dealer / manager will put his full strength side out hoping to create a headline?

Should we expect to see some of the fringe players or players needing match fitness involved? ie: Smith, Matsuszaka, Kiernan, Turner, Bridge, Klass, Cotton, Ba, Wabo etc...?

Do we? A cursory look at the league tables should tell anyone that. They're about four leagues below us. They'll play a first team, we'll play the kids and we'll lose like we always do at this stage of this competition. It won't mean anything.

Remember the day we drew Canvey in FA cup away and they switched grounds to Roots Hall

Same scenario, smaller club plays bigger club in a cup match, local Southend supporters need a show of strength to somehow prove their club is bigger than the other.

Just go and enjoy the game, and forget this show of strength, those that want to go will go, but please don't get involved in any trouble as I am sure some of the "Boys" will want to put on a show from either side and prove No 1 in Essex (Not stating you are or will cause trouble)

We have had enough bad publicity in recent months, lets not give the local rag something to dig into

UTS

I think our league status in comparison to theirs would show that with ease

Back