• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Seems his face didn't fit someone was out to get in out.Players seem to like not all though.Hope the FA get the right man or woman in as they have a decent squad.

Seems his face didn't fit someone was out to get in out.Players seem to like not all though.Hope the FA get the right man or woman in as they have a decent squad.

No, the rumours are a lot worse, seeing he was senior director of football at Bristol for girls aged 10-16.

For what it's worth, I don't think Sampson's indiscretions are linked to the time he was academy director at Bristol, but the years he spent as senior manager there. I don't know anyone in the women's game who hasn't heard something about what went on during his time there, although there's probably a bit of Chinese whispers going on too.

For what it's worth, I don't think Sampson's indiscretions are linked to the time he was academy director at Bristol, but the years he spent as senior manager there. I don't know anyone in the women's game who hasn't heard something about what went on during his time there, although there's probably a bit of Chinese whispers going on too.

Let's hope.

is it, then, pretty well established what he got up to and thus sacked for?
and can we post about it or is that getting in to legal issues?

I've just switched on the news to see that this case is being broadcast live in Westminster.

The FA have apologised to the 2 players concerned, and an independant commision have came to the conclusion that Sampson is not racist, but made "ill judged attempts of humour".

It also can't be about his time at Bristol (when he was 26), because what ever he did back then??....Which we can all guess, was deemed not against the law.

Genuine question: What with everything that's wrong with the country / world today.... Why are Mp's getting involved with a parliamentary inquiry and debating this issue??. Surely it was an internal matter with the FA, which they dealt with by sacking him. Maybe a court hearing perhaps?...but the houses of Parliament.....Really!!??

Edit: Ironically, it's his 35th birthday today!.

Last edited:
The Lianne Sanderson testimony is rather odd. First she fell out with Hope Powell, then Sampson and now it's the FA's fault....
Not too sure the relevance of it all.

Personally I think not. The issue is between Aluko and Sampson and the FA's handling of the matter. An independent
panel could have stepped in to oversee this, why parliamentary time is being spent is beyond me. Likewise whether or not a player is picked, dropped or supposedly overlooked is not here nor there, happens at clubs all the time it's totally irrelevant. Hope Powell refused to select Kelly Smith for England but we didn't get publicised outbursts from Kelly over it.

Not sure exactly what Aluko is looking to achieve. Champion anti-racism, enforce a change in (male) attitude towards women players, overthrow the FA hierarchy or what?

I've just switched on the news to see that this case is being broadcast live in Westminster.

The FA have apologised to the 2 players concerned, and an independant commision have came to the conclusion that Sampson is not racist, but made "ill judged attempts of humour".

It also can't be about his time at Bristol (when he was 26), because what ever he did back then??....Which we can all guess, was deemed not against the law.

Genuine question: What with everything that's wrong with the country / world today.... Why are Mp's getting involved with a parliamentary inquiry and debating this issue??. Surely it was an internal matter with the FA, which they dealt with by sacking him. Maybe a court hearing perhaps?...but the houses of Parliament.....Really!!??

Edit: Ironically, it's his 35th birthday today!.

I'd say allegations of racism in the national football team and the FA's apparent failure to deal with it is probably something Parliament should look at, but too often Parliamentary hearings like this end up with MPs peacocking rather than forensically examining.

I haven't followed this at all closely but my impression something doesn't seem right about it. I'm not sure on which side, but I hope the MPs were able to get to the bottom of it rather than spend their time extolling their football credentials.

I'd suggest the only MP with any nous on the game is that chap on lino duty tonight at Barcelona's match.

That's what i'm questioning? (and again).. is this worthy of a parliament inquiry?

The governing body of the nation’s game tried to cover up racism from one of its colleagues. I’d say that’s worthy of three hours of MPs’ time.

Apparently Samson's now looking at filing a claim for wrongful dismissal ! A messy situation all round but clearly the FA's policies with regards to dealing with grievancies is inadequate and needs addressing asap. I don't believe Aluko being dropped by Samson after she made the racism accusation was in any way a coincidence though it was hardly likely he would chose to keep her in the team / squad after such revelations.

Today's inquiry may have comprised of some officers from government but that doesn't qualify each and every one of them as experts in the art of governance. A working understanding of the world of football (thru the operations of the FA) and procedural / employment practices would have been the ideal combo.

Back