• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uber

You're talking about self employed individuals, I'm talking about a company - massive difference. The fact their licence has been rescinded in other cities tells you there's something wrong at the heart of the company and the way they treat their drivers is appalling.

How is it different? Tax fraud is tax fraud.

I find this Barna-esque indifference to the rule of law if it inconveniences you worrying. Are you sure you aren't Amber Rudd?

I'm working in London right now. So far, one Uber car was parked on East Smithfield on a red route blocking a lane asleep. Another has just been slung off a taxi rank opposite Tower of London and I have counted 15 driving past the site practically in a convoy all empty. They are a menace.

Wow. Nearly as bad as the construction lorries....

Last edited:
Honest question - how do you know they are Uber drivers? I wasn't aware that they carried stickers or anything saying who they are?

Unlike Addison Lee, who I can see in plain sight and know to be about the least considerate drivers out there.

Simple, mini cab companies like Addison Lee, Carrot Cars, Green Tomato etc are livery vehicles with phone numbers and have the green badge in the front and rear window. Uber on the other hand have the badges but no livery.

That sir is how you tell the difference when hurling a brick.

How is it different? Tax fraud is tax fraud.

I find this Barna-esque indifference to the rule of law if it inconveniences you worrying. Are you sure you aren't Amber Rudd?

Wow. Nearly as bad as the construction lorries....

Look up from your phone once in a while and you might see us coming. And when you next see a 32tonne lorry humping up the cycle lane, report it. Bet you will be reporting more Toyota Prius though.

Look up from your phone once in a while and you might see us coming. And when you next see a 32tonne lorry humping up the cycle lane, report it. Bet you will be reporting more Toyota Prius though.

I see construction lorries coming and going all the time!

(I've bolded the bit in my original post I was responding to - and my pet hate isn't so mcuh people driving in cycle lanes but rather stopping at box junctions and pedestrian crossings)

Simple, mini cab companies like Addison Lee, Carrot Cars, Green Tomato etc are livery vehicles with phone numbers and have the green badge in the front and rear window. Uber on the other hand have the badges but no livery.

That sir is how you tell the difference when hurling a brick.

Every day is a school day here at SZ. Thanks.

I see construction lorries coming and going all the time!

(I've bolded the bit in my original post I was responding to - and my pet hate isn't so mcuh people driving in cycle lanes but rather stopping at box junctions and pedestrian crossings)

Empty going in then going to get a load. Empty going out then have dropped off a load. We don't burn diesel for the fun of it.

Anyway, why the stroppyness, thought we were friendly, misery guts.

Empty going in then going to get a load. Empty going out then have dropped off a load. We don't burn diesel for the fun of it.

Anyway, why the stroppyness, thought we were friendly, misery guts.

No stroppiness intended, maybe a little friendly leg-pulling but I genuinely think that, like the amount of taxis, the amount of lorries in central London is a big issue. Not sure how you solve it but I love what they've done to Bank junction making it bus only and how vastly improved that area is now. Trouble is for the rest of London to be like that, you'd need to improve transport links, and many of the lorries roaring past spurting their fumes are working on transport projects like Crossrail!

No stroppiness intended, maybe a little friendly leg-pulling but I genuinely think that, like the amount of taxis, the amount of lorries in central London is a big issue. Not sure how you solve it but I love what they've done to Bank junction making it bus only and how vastly improved that area is now. Trouble is for the rest of London to be like that, you'd need to improve transport links, and many of the lorries roaring past spurting their fumes are working on transport projects like Crossrail!

Actually, todays HGV's in London must be Euro 5 for emissions unless they want to pay something like £400 a day to come in and nearly all of them don't. You'll find that it's the buses, taxis and general traffic causing more pollution than us. Euro 6 is fast approaching and Euro 7 will really sort the men from the boys. Glad it doesn't come out of my pocket.

Actually, todays HGV's in London must be Euro 5 for emissions unless they want to pay something like £400 a day to come in and nearly all of them don't. You'll find that it's the buses, taxis and general traffic causing more pollution than us. Euro 6 is fast approaching and Euro 7 will really sort the men from the boys. Glad it doesn't come out of my pocket.

Except we'll probably be gone by then!

If only there was some kind of alternative service to taxis that predominantly used hybrid vehicles like, oh I don't know, a Prius maybe? Of course pure electric vehicles would be best.

Fine, hope your kids are safe in the back with someone who has a bent CRB check or has stuck their mugshot over the top of someone else's id. You never know, they might even have a proper driving licence and insurance.

Happy Ubering.

Back