• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fleetwood have won 3 and drawn 1 at home before us. BBC stats say we had 60% possession, 18 shots, 10 on target and 8 corners to Fleetwoods 1. The real stat is we scored 4 and won by 2 clear goals away from home. I'm pretty happy with that.

Fleetwood have won 3 and drawn 1 at home before us. BBC stats say we had 60% possession, 18 shots, 10 on target and 8 corners to Fleetwoods 1. The real stat is we scored 4 and won by 2 clear goals away from home. I'm pretty happy with that.

Playing against 10 men for 60 minutes, it's quite right we should have more possession and more shots. As you say, the score is all that matters though

Yep. For some reason we've always been best with right midfielder tucking inside and an out & out left winger - Pettefer/Gower & Atkinson/McLaughlin. I've mentioned this before but people always try to make formations look symmetrical when written down on a page when that's not often how it works in reality.

This is often ends up with that right sided player being viewed as unproductive by the fans but appreciated by the players and management.

Yeah this absolutely true and for me is why we've been beaten away from home a few times this season. I can't comment on Rotherham as I wasn't there but in other games its been clear that opposition managers have based their gameplans around hitting us on the counter attack down the wings. Demetriou loves to get forward which is great for our attacking play, but if his right midfielder isn't covering for him then we have a giant chasm down our right side to attack if we lose the ball. Earlier in the season when we had both Kightly and McGlashan in the side this was happening time and time again. Charlton and Shrewsbury are both having decent seasons so far but in our games with them we could have got a result if we'd addressed this issue.

Luckily yesterday we looked much more solid with Josh Wright in there and Brown has obviously played that system before last season with Will Atkinson so will know all about its benefits in games against the very top sides, or generally away from home.

Yep. For some reason we've always been best with right midfielder tucking inside and an out & out left winger - Pettefer/Gower & Atkinson/McLaughlin. I've mentioned this before but people always try to make formations look symmetrical when written down on a page when that's not often how it works in reality.

This is often ends up with that right sided player being viewed as unproductive by the fans but appreciated by the players and management.
Although apparently not appreciated enough for a (decent) contract.

Although apparently not appreciated enough for a (decent) contract.

And appreciated even less at Mansfield where he can't get in the team... it hardly suggests we undervalued him quite possibly the opposite.

Good for u spent the first 45 trying to get a 6.oo match pass which for some reason i couldent get! No single game fee available for this game! Very annoyed

Really? I got a single match pass without any problems (as my name suggest, I was not in the UK and my assumptions you weren't either... maybe I'm wrong).

Yep, good point.

Often it depends how good someone is going forward from full-back.

In yesterday's case, Timlin is not so good in a forward role from left-back, whereas Demi is.

Thinking back to the days of Chris Powell. He would push forward right to the bye-line often, but had Tilly playing that side, who would tuck in.

Whereas on the right, Dean Austin was not quite so good going forward, but had Andy Ansah playing more as a winger on that side.

Thought Timlins forward play was very good. In particular his instinct to get the ball in early. One of my frustrations with Coker is that he slows things down when we're attacking. Missing him defensively though.

Thought Timlins forward play was very good. In particular his instinct to get the ball in early. One of my frustrations with Coker is that he slows things down when we're attacking. Missing him defensively though.

With you 100% on Coker.

Good defensively, but going forward he is only at his best when he distributes the ball quickly.

Also, should never be on set-pieces. His delivery is particularly average.

Back