• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Score predictions for tonight?

I'm going to go for a 3-1 Blues.

Ranger, Cox & Wright to score

Looking forward to this - love a game under the floodlights at Roots Hall! And, being an evening game, no Junior Blues duties today!

Champions League on telly, Tuesday night... we'll do well to hit 6k. When we played Oxford on a Tuesday at the same time last year it was well under that IIRC.

Champions League on telly, Tuesday night... we'll do well to hit 6k. When we played Oxford on a Tuesday at the same time last year it was well under that IIRC.

5,593 in fact.

Let's just hope for the same result as that Oxford game.

Attendance won't be helped by the trains not running. Me and my mate are coming down on the c2c line which means a proper dash off at full time.

White for Kyprianou would be my only change. I assume the only reason he didn't start on Saturday was that he wasn't 100% after his injury? If he's 100% fit he has to start as he's been one of, if not the best player for us so far this season.
White and Ferdinand is a recipe for disaster in my opinion, they are both good players but it gives us 2 very slow centre backs that any pacy striker will easily be able to exploit. Kyprianou isn’t the finished product but I think he should keep his place until Kiernan is fit for that reason.

Not that I wish injury on someone but a spell out the side for Ferdinand wouldn't be the worst thing. Fleetwood's first goal on Saturday is embarrassing. It's literally been pinged from the kick off. I can't get my head around why he was so badly out of position from a KO

Seven seconds - away?!

They are not scoring and not really creating chances either so I think you should win this if you can avoid the dreaded 0-0 where you dominate. They are a team that can blow hot and cold but the lack of decent forwards should allow you to grab the three points. Jut don't give them a soft goal to hold on to.

5,593 in fact.

Let's just hope for the same result as that Oxford game.

My First Game tonight of the season Trains from Wickford into Victoria are running every 20 minutes

All day Drinking starting at 2pm :-) in Southend

Add 3 to the count as we buy on the day ( tonight )

Phil I expect another 4 Goals tonight please :thumbsup:

As already said night games at the Hall can be special ones after scoring 4 goals :winking:

Same team we need consistent side to boost confidence

Yep, that team looked like it gelled really well and Kyps is growing with Ferdy's experience alongside him. Much like Thommo did last season.

All in all, there's no reason to change anything.

Looking forward to tonight. My first league game of the season.:thumbsup:

I don't know why But I have a feeling It will be a high scoring game tonight

I will go for 4-1......

White and Ferdinand is a recipe for disaster in my opinion, they are both good players but it gives us 2 very slow centre backs that any pacy striker will easily be able to exploit. Kyprianou isn’t the finished product but I think he should keep his place until Kiernan is fit for that reason.
Is White 'very slow'? Is he much slower than Thompson was last season?

If White doesn't start and he's fit it's a real kick in the balls for him imo.

Is White 'very slow'? Is he much slower than Thompson was last season?

If White doesn't start and he's fit it's a real kick in the balls for him imo.

Yep, I agree with that. Prior to injury he was our best defender. Maybe it's a sign that the squad is getting stronger with injuries done with. Who will PB drop out of the midfield to accommodate Kightly for example?

Back