• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good penalty from Ranger but a few players didn't seem to want to join in with the celebrations.

Watch the highlights. More players celebrated with Nile (whilst letting him do his little routine) than celebrated with the other goalscorers.

Kick-off to their equaliser - 7 seconds!

Their goalie didn't look happy at their no.4 when he brought down Leonard.

Season is only 8 games old, not much point including last season in any stats, teams change.

They have conceded 2 or more in 5 of the 9 games.

However they did better than us last year and they had only lost two games this season so its a decent win up there however you want to look at stats.

Thus us reminding me of a Mrs blue stars post

Indeed. Whatever.

'Tom' suggested they were leaking a few goals recently and I agreed with him. No issue, there.

However, I was then asked to describe why my claim was "nonsense" by someone else, who hadn't checked the facts themselves.

I produce the facts required and then get described as 'MrsBlue' for defending my view.

For the record, Fleetwood's back five is the same as last season, except Ben Davies was on loan from Preston North End and he has gone back in the close season and on Saturday they had Lewis Coyle on loan from Leeds United.

If someone challenges my view that I think Fleetwood have a reputation for keeping clean sheets and that I'm talking nonsense, then I'm going to reply with the facts.

Comprender?!

Good penalty from Ranger but a few players didn't seem to want to join in with the celebrations.

They stood back to let him do his boot in the hand celebration, that's all. If he went to ground straight after scoring like the other 3 scorers, they would have piled on top. There's no problem there, and the team spirit is very good.

Worked in Chrome that time.

Cheers 'Floval' for posting and 'Seventies'.

Well worth seeing. We really knocked the ball around well, on that evidence. Some great movement off the ball.

The second goal is even better than I thought, as it starts right at the back with Kyps and not a single Fleetwood player touches the ball until Curtis is picking it out of the back of the net.

Quality stuff! :thumbsup:

Indeed. Whatever.

'Tom' suggested they were leaking a few goals recently and I agreed with him. No issue, there.

However, I was then asked to describe why my claim was "nonsense" by someone else, who hadn't checked the facts themselves.

I produce the facts required and then get described as 'MrsBlue' for defending my view.

For the record, Fleetwood's back five is the same as last season, except Ben Davies was on loan from Preston North End and he has gone back in the close season and on Saturday they had Lewis Coyle on loan from Leeds United.

If someone challenges my view that I think Fleetwood have a reputation for keeping clean sheets and that I'm talking nonsense, then I'm going to reply with the facts.

Comprender?!

yeah , you wish !

Indeed. Whatever.

Comprender?!

comprenez vous,surely? :winking:

Worked in Chrome that time.

Cheers 'Floval' for posting and 'Seventies'.

Well worth seeing. We really knocked the ball around well, on that evidence. Some great movement off the ball.

The second goal is even better than I thought, as it starts right at the back with Kyps and not a single Fleetwood player touches the ball until Curtis is picking it out of the back of the net.

Quality stuff! :thumbsup:

They seem to put 10 min highlights up for all games, within 48 hours of the game. Agree, we seem to have gained confidence, and we actually look like we want the ball, good movement and link up play...

Demi's effort was a real gem, just a shame it didn't go in.

Roll on tomorrow evening

Fair comment, having now seen the full celebration.

That said, I'd stand by the fact that it's a lot of fuss about nothing. Sadly, that's modern 24/7 media saturated life these days.

Exactly. He'll never learn, he doesn't have a brain cell to realise he needs to keep out of the public eye.

I didn't go today so relying on the goal highlights... but it further confirms for me that Ferdinand and Kyprianou are not the answer. Ferdinand is out of his depth at moment without a commanding partner and Kyprianou for a tall bloke is lower League Two for me at best at the moment. The first goal looks bad for Anton but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I dont think he expected the defender there or that Oxley or the full back not dealing. Even so there is a lethargy and stiffness in him which reminds me of Barrett early last season. Maybe if has Turner or Kiernan as a partner things might improve. The first goal was awful and although the second wasn't great it was mainly down to an individual mistake by Kyprianou.

On to the positives of which it looked there were many. Great to see Lenny getting forward more and no doubt as a result of Wright's inclusion. The move for our second goal was fantastic and Glash's finish was sensational. Wasn't the best header from Cox - Keeper might be disappointed and that was probably just a penalty as although the defenders legs were clumsy Nile certainly made a meal of it.

Two home games... if we get all 6.. who knows.

I think the issue at the back is that Ferdinand has always been in the "sweeper" type role with a dominant figure alongside, whereas now we are asking him to play the dominant figure and frankly he can't. It's as alien to him as playing in goal.

I'm not even sure Kiernan is the answer as I think he is a Ferdinand replacement. Turner, please get fit quick.

I loved the McGlashan goal, not only because he's one of my favourite players, but because he at last kept the ball down, and not wildly over the bar this time. Hopefully he will smash a few more in like that. The other Macca's goal was great as well as a team goal and good finish.

No mate... capiche is the word. Preferably said along the line of something like "You do as I say or you sleep with the fishes. Capiche?"

Sounds like what Nile Ranger said when they were arguing over who should take the penalty! :gun::Goal: :gun:

Back