• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An aside: a farcical 5 minutes entering the ground when I was allowed to walk in with a cup of hot tea that I'd bought at the chippy across the road and my wife was stopped from bringing in an unopened bottle of water. Farce ensued as we had to leave the bottle of water at the ticket office but then once in the ground we convinced them to give us an empty paper cup from the kiosk, then said bottle of water was allowed to be decanted into paper cup and brought in in cup form.

Quoted "FA Rules" when asked why it was not permitted to bring in a bottle of water, even with lid off. (My hot cup of tea attracted no comment and wife's bag wasn't searched.)

Then inside the ground bottles of Coke, with lids on, sold at the kiosk and widely seen amongst fans in the away end.

World gone mad??

Didn't spoil a great day out, but if anyone from Fleetwood is reading this, come guys, do on yourselves a favour - treat people like human beings please. The rest of your stewards were great as per previous trips to the ground.

This clip is from uTube. Shows Nile's goal celebration in a bit more detail

[video=youtube;LCD3qzkq-zU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCD3qzkq-zU[/video]

An aside: a farcical 5 minutes entering the ground when I was allowed to walk in with a cup of hot tea that I'd bought at the chippy across the road and my wife was stopped from bringing in an unopened bottle of water. Farce ensued as we had to leave the bottle of water at the ticket office but then once in the ground we convinced them to give us an empty paper cup from the kiosk, then said bottle of water was allowed to be decanted into paper cup and brought in in cup form.

Quoted "FA Rules" when asked why it was not permitted to bring in a bottle of water, even with lid off. (My hot cup of tea attracted no comment and wife's bag wasn't searched.)

Then inside the ground bottles of Coke, with lids on, sold at the kiosk and widely seen amongst fans in the away end.

World gone mad??

Didn't spoil a great day out, but if anyone from Fleetwood is reading this, come guys, do on yourselves a favour - treat people like human beings please. The rest of your stewards were great as per previous trips to the ground.

This is an outrage. I suggest the game be void and rescheduled after this deeply worrying matter is rectified.

One for trip advisor!

World gone mad....yes.

World gone mad??

Absolutely ridiculous.

Because he's not a gangster and he needs to keep his nose clean. He brings it all onto himself, when will he learn. He's in the public eye at the moment and doing what he did just doesn't help at all.

Fair comment, having now seen the full celebration.

That said, I'd stand by the fact that it's a lot of fuss about nothing. Sadly, that's modern 24/7 media saturated life these days.

Fair comment, having now seen the full celebration.

That said, I'd stand by the fact that it's a lot of fuss about nothing. Sadly, that's modern 24/7 media saturated life these days.

I also note that the Geordies still regularly lambaste him on twitter whenever he quotes anything slightly controversial.

They need to get over him :winking: he's our man now...

And I agree with Leo Blue that young Mr Ranger needs to let his goals make the headlines, not schoolboy antics, which is basically what it was, nothing else.

Yep, agree with all of that.

As you say, though, schoolboy antics. Not the basis of some media character assassination, as usual.

Blimey. What a miserable bunch of negative comments.

We scored 4 goals away at a side renowned for keeping clean sheets!

Thought there were so many good things about our goals as well

Not exactly. They've conceded 12 goals in their last four games.

Not exactly. They've conceded 12 goals in their last four games.

Please don't try and undermine nonsense with facts Tom. It doesn't work like that on here.

You see, I was with you there 'Tom' for a moment. You make a good point. 8 goals in the previous 3 games says they are wobbling a bit, but I was looking at the overall facts. Some say "nonsense". :winking:

20 clean sheets out of the last 34 competitive matches (59%) and that includes those last three games.

A pretty impressive record and I doubt there's many, if any, league sides with a percentage that high.

Edit : I've checked and there aren't.

Last edited:
You see, I was with you there 'Tom' for a moment. You make a good point. 8 goals in the previous 3 games says they are wobbling a bit, but I was looking at the overall facts. Some say "nonsense". :winking:

20 clean sheets out of the last 34 competitive matches (59%) and that includes those last three games.

A pretty impressive record and I doubt there's many, if any, league sides with a percentage that high.

Season is only 8 games old, not much point including last season in any stats, teams change.

They have conceded 2 or more in 5 of the 9 games.

However they did better than us last year and they had only lost two games this season so its a decent win up there however you want to look at stats.

I didn't go today so relying on the goal highlights... but it further confirms for me that Ferdinand and Kyprianou are not the answer. Ferdinand is out of his depth at moment without a commanding partner and Kyprianou for a tall bloke is lower League Two for me at best at the moment. The first goal looks bad for Anton but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I dont think he expected the defender there or that Oxley or the full back not dealing. Even so there is a lethargy and stiffness in him which reminds me of Barrett early last season. Maybe if has Turner or Kiernan as a partner things might improve. The first goal was awful and although the second wasn't great it was mainly down to an individual mistake by Kyprianou.

On to the positives of which it looked there were many. Great to see Lenny getting forward more and no doubt as a result of Wright's inclusion. The move for our second goal was fantastic and Glash's finish was sensational. Wasn't the best header from Cox - Keeper might be disappointed and that was probably just a penalty as although the defenders legs were clumsy Nile certainly made a meal of it.

Two home games... if we get all 6.. who knows.

I'm confused. You give Anton the benefit of the doubt over their 1st goal, didn't go to the game, but have still come to the conclusion that Ferdinand is out of his depth. How did you come to that conclusion based on the rest of the highlights, where he hardly featured, and didn't even touch the ball?

If we're to go up the league then we need to tighten up at the back. We can't expect to win just by simply scoring more goals than the opposition. 1-0 will do for 3 points.

Maybe not, but it worked for Barry Fry!

A welcome three points and a goal glut. Before we get too carried away, Fleetwood looked the worst side we have played so far and clearly something has gone wrong there after such a good season last time. They allowed us time and space on the ball and at last the midfield looked constructive and inventive, keeping the ball on the deck instead of hoofing it, resulting in an excellent second goal. However, we can't count on playing against ten men every week and the manner in which we conceded the two goals was alarming, lapses in concentration which will cost us dear if not eradicated in the future.

They have a reputation for not conceding. Could it be that they only looked bad because we made them look that way?

Season is only 8 games old, not much point including last season in any stats, teams change.

They have conceded 2 or more in 5 of the 9 games.

However they did better than us last year and they had only lost two games this season so its a decent win up there however you want to look at stats.
Thus us reminding me of a Mrs blue stars post

Back