• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What car

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I have just sold my 2009 Fiesta as it was becoming too small for the family now the kids have grown up a bit. Just after ideas/recommendations on what to buy next.

I am after a diesel with decent rear legroom and decent boot space. I know everyone drives different cars so wondered what people had that they would recommend. Got about 4k to spend in reality but maybe can go slightly higher for the right car

Honda CR-V. Find a good one for the right price and it will never go wrong. Mine is a 55 plate and has never let me down.

You will thank me for this advise. If not then go to hell.:smile:

You could get a 2011 Octavia with 60k and timing belt done for about £5k. Or go older and with more miles to a VW? If it's been well looked after you'll get a lot of life out of it.

Honda CR-V. Find a good one for the right price and it will never go wrong. Mine is a 55 plate and has never let me down.

You will thank me for this advise. If not then go to hell.:smile:

So where can you get a CRV for 4K? Maybe a mark 2 Jazz. Has yours got the picnic table included?

We've got a 2013 diesel Focus estate. Suits us (a family of four) perfectly. Might need to go for a slightly older model if buying in the £4k bracket but generally speaking we're happy with it.

That's what I'm currently thinking about

The focus is a great car but the boot is VERY small for a car in that class (wife has a 2015 ST diesel), It is a lot more comfortable than the fiesta (we had a diesel Zetec S had one, son has a petrol zetec S) but as has been mentioned I would be tempted to consider a skoda octavia estate- they are meant to be extremely good- the thinking mans car

ps skoda octavia sallon boot is 590 litres, focus is 316

sorry- I was looking at the wrong shape so please ignore comments , plus the older shape focus has got a bigger boot 396 litres. Best mate used to have one and liked it

I have had several different focus estate cars over the last 20 years through work. None of them broke down or went wrong, ever. Decent mpg from the diesel versions, spacious in the back and the estate boot space is pretty generous. Several trips away with the young kids taking half the house contents with us and still got it all inside.

I have of course ruined this now with my recently purchased new BMW M Sport but I've decided the kids aren't allowed in it anymore so ner :smiles: :raspberry:

Scoda octavia, most taxi drivers drive these or a Toyota both will do the business

Found an 09 Focus Titanium today on Exchange and Mart. One owner from new, fully loaded, low mileage, full service history, immaculate inside, like a new car. Went to Clacton this evening, car owned by a really lovely retired couple, just bought a brand new Focus. Managed to get it for £2800 which is less than I sold the Fiesta for so result all round

You can have mine for 4k. Very decent of you RHB. Cash is fine.

Every time the Jazz is serviced I sit in one of the new CRVs in the showroom and dribble with envy. I would love one, preferably much younger than 2005, but thanks for the kind offer. Sadly I've lost the battle with MrsRHB who is adamant that as all our kids have left home we don't need a big car and it's not cost effective and a load of other stuff to do with 18K being too much money although by then I didn't bother listening to her. Doh!

Back