• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown praises new boy Wright

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown heaped praise on new boy Josh Wright after the midfielder impressed on his debut at Fleetwood Town.

More...

Sounds like Brown doesn't want him taking his own slot to be on TOWIE in the future.

Think Josh will be our best summer/spring signing, obviously Leonard doesn't want to be ere, Josh fits in perfectly next to Wordsworth in centre midfield.

Very tidy on the ball, plays lots of games, experienced and still young compared to others!!, has an eye for goal recently and will give 100% = future captain

Last edited:
Think Josh will be our best summer/spring signing, obviously Leonard doesn't want to be ere, Josh fits in perfectly next to Wordsworth in centre midfield.

Very tidy on the ball, plays lots of games, experienced and still young compared to others!!, has an eye for goal recently and will give 100% = future captain

If only he stays long enough to be considered for the armband!

I must say he had an excellent debut, watching the game on ifollow and PB was fulsome in his praise for him after the match.

I normally just sigh and move on, but I know you know better :sad:

Did you really mean insincere or toadying, or were you meaning "sincere"?

I must say he had an excellent debut, watching the game on ifollow and PB was fulsome in his praise for him after the match.

I normally just sigh and move on, but I know you know better :sad:

Did you really mean insincere or toadying, or were you meaning "sincere"?

I'm a bit confused (not difficult to achieve). I thought fulsome meant complimentary or flattering to an excessive degree. So I don't understand the reference to insincere. Or were you saying that Barna was waffling?

I thought fulsome meant complimentary or flattering to an excessive degree

Fulsome is a funny one.

As an adjective, it is as you mentioned 'RHB'

But is actually ingratiating or insincere and is an antonym of sincere, for that reason.

I'm a bit confused (not difficult to achieve). I thought fulsome meant complimentary or flattering to an excessive degree. So I don't understand the reference to insincere. Or were you saying that Barna was waffling?

adjective1.offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone orgross:fulsome praise that embarrassed her deeply; fulsome décor.

2.disgusting; sickening; repulsive:a table heaped with fulsome mounds of greasy foods.

3.excessively or insincerely lavish:fulsome admiration.

Fulsome is a funny one.

As an adjective, it is as you mentioned 'RHB'

But is actually ingratiating or insincere and is an antonym of sincere, for that reason.

adjective1.offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone orgross:fulsome praise that embarrassed her deeply; fulsome décor.

2.disgusting; sickening; repulsive:a table heaped with fulsome mounds of greasy foods.

3.excessively or insincerely lavish:fulsome admiration.

This proves to me that I am very shallow when considering definitions (and at other times as well) as opposed to you two deep thinking and well read gentlemen. Without doubt, I am fulsome in my praise of your understanding of the English language.:winking:

Back