• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WightShrimper

Manager⭐
I just use the app (on my android phone) to listen to the live match as I cannot get Essex Radio. However, I seem to be getting through my data allowance much quicker than when I was using the old Blues Player app. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I mistaken.

I just use the app (on my android phone) to listen to the live match as I cannot get Essex Radio. However, I seem to be getting through my data allowance much quicker than when I was using the old Blues Player app. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I mistaken.

Hi WightShrimper. Others will answer you for the ifollow data usage. Have you tried all the tuning methods for BBC Essex?
Here they are. If I am far away from Essex, I use 765 medium wave from anywhere else. Might be worth a try on tomorrow nights game. Copy and pasted from their site.

Find out more about the many ways to listen to BBC Essex with our reception advice guide. We broadcast on 103.5FM in the north of the county and 95.3FM in the south as well as 729, 765 and 1530 medium wave. On DAB digital radio we can be found through auto tune or by manually tuning to multiplex 12D - 229.07 MHZ

I went thru about 1.2Gb of data on my 4G phone, for 1st half and mid 2nd, I did not use the old system but it does seem rather high as I used the 320p option for video

Can't you use wifi rather than your phone data allowance?

I can't use wi-fi as I am at work, so have to use my data. I only listen to the match and have no figures for what I was using last year , but I never seemed to run close to using my monthly allowance. And I have no chance of picking up the radio signal down here on the Isle of *****.

Back