• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Bumped into our Assistant Manager on Hamlet Court Road - GC was getting his haircut - and was able to have a quick chat (would have been longer, but Mrs WS wanted the mushrooms I'd been sent out to get).

Brief highlights:

* Was delighted over the result on Saturday, but being a defender, was very disappointed about the two goals conceded.
* Thinks Harry Kyp can make it as a centre half - brings pace to the back line, and left back means he has too much time to make a decision. A run of games should make a decent defender (and to be fair, GC should know).
* Bit fan of the youth players coming through - especially Elvis and Dru but saved his best words for Jack Bridge.
* Bridge should be played more, but doesn't think any of the midfield should make way.
* However, thinks he could play the Cox role as a deep lying striker/number 10 - reckons he can turn defenders easily.

Lovely bloke is GC...

Bumped into our Assistant Manager on Hamlet Court Road - GC was getting his haircut - and was able to have a quick chat (would have been longer, but Mrs WS wanted the mushrooms I'd been sent out to get).

Brief highlights:

* Was delighted over the result on Saturday, but being a defender, was very disappointed about the two goals conceded.
* Thinks Harry Kyp can make it as a centre half - brings pace to the back line, and left back means he has too much time to make a decision. A run of games should make a decent defender (and to be fair, GC should know).
* Bit fan of the youth players coming through - especially Elvis and Dru but saved his best words for Jack Bridge.
* Bridge should be played more, but doesn't think any of the midfield should make way.

* However, thinks he could play the Cox role as a deep lying striker/number 10 - reckons he can turn defenders easily.

Lovely bloke is GC...

I don't think Jack's agent has done him any favours. If he is patient then his chance will come.

Brief highlights:

Lovely bloke is GC...

How about giving them a bit of time off the bench?

When you're 4-1 up against 10 men would be an ideal time to give them playing time.

I would like Graham to take over if brown goes sometime in future .
Top man and I agree with bridge would be good behind strikers

Spoken with him many times in the Priory Crescent / Eastern Avenue Aldi. Seems like a genuine nice guy. Does he have a family?

Spoken with him many times in the Priory Crescent / Eastern Avenue Aldi. Seems like a genuine nice guy. Does he have a family?

Yes, he has a wife and 2 children when he first came here but I think they've had another child since. He's got at least 1 boy and 1 girl.

Brief highlights:

Lovely bloke is GC...

Doesn't surprise me, he really did look a class apart at Chelmsford (a much lower level I know). What does surprise me is since he has been back here he only ever seems to be considered for central roles, he played out wide at Chelmsford and was outstanding.

Doesn't surprise me, he really did look a class apart at Chelmsford (a much lower level I know). What does surprise me is since he has been back here he only ever seems to be considered for central roles, he played out wide at Chelmsford and was outstanding.

Or not considered, as the case may be.

Back