• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Ok you seventies children, see how many right answers you can muster from this quiz. All you have to do is name the song from the opening line. You get three potential answers, one of which is correct. Easy? I only managed 22/30.

http://quizzes.howstuffworks.com/qu...ning+Line.+Can+You+Score+Higher+Than+Average?

I managed 24 out of 30, but thought there was some quite obscure ones in there, Andy Gibb ffs!

I also didnt recognise Heroes! Creepy :winking:

Stupid webpage froze on me when I was on 22/22 with only one guess!

Didn't have the will power to go again

20-30...sadly no Slade,Wizzard....or David Cassidy,Osmonds or musical youth(or was that the 80s?)

I must have an odd version of Heroes on my Ipod as it starts midway through with....

I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim

and then reverts back.

I must have an odd version of Heroes on my Ipod as it starts midway through with....

I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim

and then reverts back.

This one troubled me so I reverted to the original lyrics sheet supplied with the 1977 album. This gives.....
I
I will be king
And you
You will be queen .......

The lyrics 'we can hide away in daylight' don't appear anywhere!

So those of you who felt bad about getting it wrong can feel a little better about yourselves.

Incidentally, I think the song may have been cut back for the single release, hence the 'dolphins' version.

Haha, I must have had some far distant half remembered memory that was more of a lucky guess then! :smiles:

Must be the album version. The single version is almost 3 mins shorter.

No you are right it does start with king etc...last week was the 40th anniversary of it's release and they played it all day on Radio6 and now I think about it 'I could be king' was always the first line, but for some reason the dolphin line sticks in my head. It must be an age thing.

Back