• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues striker Ranger: I hope we smash Blackpool, they nearly ended my career

So this wimp of a man, and I use the man word loosely, dosent understand how with his reputation, bootgate looked like 'shooting the crowd gate'. A jail sentence completed does not maketh the man.

You can probably read anything into anything if you really want to. And in the case of Nile's goal celebration you really want to read bad stuff into it. If Nile has turned a corner in his life are you going to continuously criticise regardless of any improvements?

You can probably read anything into anything if you really want to. And in the case of Nile's goal celebration you really want to read bad stuff into it. If Nile has turned a corner in his life are you going to continuously criticise regardless of any improvements?

Of course he is. He wants all criminals strung up even for the most minor of offences.

So it was Blackpool who nearly ended his career, I had to laugh at that. Is he sure it wasn't him and his ticking time bomb...

PB and the club need to keep this thicko out of the lime light, what ever he does or says is going to get him in trouble. He really doesn't know when to be quiet and just play football. :stunned:

No probs Jai,just having a bit of fun ��

Great stuff. That's exactly what I want to hear from our strikers!

Time for another airing :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9lf76xOA5k

:happy::happy:

Wouldn't it be most amusing (and v.annoying for away fans), if someone had(s) a trumpet/bugle and could play the theme tune to the above when the teams ran out....or indeed, over the P.A system when he scores a goal (Roots Hall take note and consider...please) :thumbsup:

Have no problem with what he's said. He's welcome to an opinion as much as I am and it's likely the club put him for interview this week.

His past really has nothing to do with his ability on a football field and if he's particularly fired up this weekend, I see no problem with that unless you're a Blackpool fan.

Wouldn't it be most amusing (and v.annoying for away fans), if someone had(s) a trumpet/bugle and could play the theme tune to the above when the teams ran out....or indeed, over the P.A system when he scores a goal (Roots Hall take note and consider...please) :thumbsup:

I would love that! :thumbsup::cool:

Well, I like what he said. I was looking forward to the game anyway, tomorrow, but suddenly there's a real spice to it and I feel right up for it. I'd much rather players had this attitude than the boring "take each game as it comes" "they'll be a tough side to beat" and all that nonsense.

Give me someone who wants to stick it to the man, any day!! :thumbsup:

It would be interesting to hear the full version of events of what went on regarding Nile Ranger from Blackpool FC. All we have been told is that he went AWOL when in their employment.

My understanding (and this is unsubstantiated) is that he was on £150 per week and a pay as you play contract of sorts. He had been promised things by the club regarding match-time, but after travelling up to Blackpool from London for training, regularly, he wasn't being selected for matches and consequently wasn't being paid.

They then retained his contract, despite releasing loads of players, so that he couldn't play for anyone else. Also telling him he would never play for them again, at the same time.

My understanding (and this is unsubstantiated) is that he was on £150 per week and a pay as you play contract of sorts. He had been promised things by the club regarding match-time, but after travelling up to Blackpool from London for training, regularly, he wasn't being selected for matches and consequently wasn't being paid.

They then retained his contract, despite releasing loads of players, so that he couldn't play for anyone else. Also telling him he would never play for them again, at the same time.

Would not surprise me if true, their owner Owen Oysten is a nasty piece of work, convicted rapist and despised by most Blackpool fans, as is his son; the club chairman Karl Oysten. Despite having a 100m fortune they regularly refused to pay players and staff, the latter was caught making derogatory comments about fans and to cap it off Oysten senior has sued several fans for degrading comments on social media. (Be careful what you say...)

So, please Nile ! Bag a hatrick, and set Coxy up for one too :thumbsup:

Pretty much what I was told soon after he joined.

Pretty much what I was told soon after he joined.

This is also what I heard from my sources too. Although Ranger as ever not blameless, sounds like they really treated him like **** up there.

Nile for hat trick today me thinks ,think Nile should take boot off shoot Blackpool chairman 😂😂

Pretty slim.

He has a very good disciplinary record on the field. Can't remember him getting booked, even.

Exactly what I was thinking. I know he has a reputation off the pitch but I don't consider him to be even a remotely dirty player (unlike Cox who you see constantly having little jabs and pushes - Ranger just seems to get on with things)

I would prefer that Ranger kept his personal thoughts and comments to himself and let his performance on the field do the talking.

Back