• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
From last week's Football League Paper, Michael Timlin spoke about his teammates:

Best mate?
Anthony Wordsworth. I have a couple, but Woody has been my roommate for a number of years. We've been quite close for a while, but we have a good core group of people who really get on at the club.

Last to pay for dinner?
Simon Cox - he's in charge of the fines and he calls himself the chairman. He's so strict on getting money out of players, but he's never the first to buy a round or pay for a meal. It's like getting blood out of a stone.

Worst dressed?
Marc-Antoine Fortuné. He seems to like his clothes but he has a unique style. We see his clothes and we tend to think "Where has he got that from?".

Dressing room DJ?
Simon Cox is at the moment. It was Ryan Leonard last year, but when he got the publicity about his love for Justin Bieber all the boys were winding him up so we had to change the DJ and Simon took over. He's been getting a bit of stick at the moment, though, for playing the same stuff.

Late for training?
Nile Ranger. He is generally late for a lot of things, but he's quite harmless with it. It's just one of those things.

Teacher's pet?
I've always had a good relationship with the gaffer and he tells me a lot of things. Other players have always named me as the answer to this question in the past. But I'm most likely to be having an argument with him too. I'd go with Anton Ferdinand. He's one of those who wants to please the gaffer. If the gaffer asked anyone to go and buy him an apple it would be him.

First on the dancefloor?
I always classed myself as first on the dancefloor. I love dancing, but we have a few boys who fancy themselves. Rob Kiernan, I reckon. He feels he's got a few moves.

Most likely to disgrace himself at the Xmas party?
That could be a number of us, including myself! Nile Ranger, Anthony Wordsworth are two more, but really it could be anyone. We've got such a good group. Most of what tends to go on is harmless, but everyone has a good laugh.

Worst tattoo?
Simon Cox. He's got a tattoo on his back. How he got it, why he got it and what it is I couldn't tell you. He has got some stick in the past, but he's a good lad so he has a laugh with it. He has a few very poor tattoos. He has a person with a cross, but it doesn't represent anything.

Who'll make the best manager?

Jason Demetriou. I think if he goes into coaching he'd be very good because he's calm. That's a big bonus. Simon Cox and myself have got our badges, so he's another one who will do well. I reckon he'd be more of a manager than a coach. He's able to hold a room when he talks. He's good with it and very knowledgeable.

Thanks for posting that Southampton Shrimper. A fascinating read. The team spirit within the current group does seem to be the best we've had in a long time. A recipe for success hopefully.

Back