• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Colleagues with great names

I worked with a pair of twins who's surname was Riddle. You are probably ahead of me on this, but one of them was James. His first name was never changed to Jimmy.

I have a friend called Pathitos, she is of Cypriot origins, she has a 12/13 year old boy that she named Theo! obviously a few years before Dragon's Den.

Many moons ago my boss was Colin Baggs. Now't funny there, but his sister was called Ann. Not content with her 20 years of ridicule, whilst I was at that place Ann went and got married ...... to a Mr Brake. I kid you not.

Not colleagues, but someone who works at an ethical bank we deal with quite frequently is called Stirling Habbits. South African. Nice guy. PR for an electric company in the US is the delightful Chewy Tang.

Had a few interviews with a gambling exec called Bo Wanghammer too.

years ago Lindiana Jones - and she was born years before any Spielberg action epic

L & G, we have a winner! :smile::thumbsup:

Albert Hall coming in a close second.

Followed by Florence Lawrence and Adam Hussain.

Last edited:
When I worked in the Daily Mirror, we had an accountant who name was Robert Alan Long, who when he signed a memo shortened it to "Bob A Long "

Aldert Kwak and Rinke Dink are my favourites of my colleagues on the continent. Some of our email addresses amuse me too as they are the 1st initial followed by the surname so Colin Hewitt becomes chewitt etc.

Aldert Kwak and Rinke Dink are my favourites of my colleagues on the continent. Some of our email addresses amuse me too as they are the 1st initial followed by the surname so Colin Hewitt becomes chewitt etc.

I worked with a Bing Ong.

Once consonant away from perfection.

One of my daughter's friends is called Caitlin Hewitt, so I call her Chewitt. Her dad overheard me saying it the other day and told me that's exactly what he was nicknamed at school as well. Glad to hear these traditions continuing!

Back