• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Many thanks for the info.
I am undecided about attending this game and will probably decide last minute onnthe morning so the info posted was really useful and saved me searching.

Many thanks for the info.
I am undecided about attending this game and will probably decide last minute onnthe morning so the info posted was really useful and saved me searching.

Have you been before?

If not, it is not a bad ground to tick off - and really quite easy to travel to once you get around the M25 and M11. Worth a visit and I would suggest that the omens for an away win are better than for some years.

Have you been before?

If not, it is not a bad ground to tick off - and really quite easy to travel to once you get around the M25 and M11. Worth a visit and I would suggest that the omens for an away win are better than for some years.

I have and it is quite a good stadium and I do love to watch SUFC away from home but what with IPlayer these days I can save an awful lot of money by watching that.

I have and it is quite a good stadium and I do love to watch SUFC away from home but what with IPlayer these days I can save an awful lot of money by watching that.

Catching up on Eastenders Jacks?

Safe journey to everyone who is travelling to the game tomorrow. If you see me around please stop and say hello (look out for my black DRFC jacket with SLO written across the back). It is always great to meet the away fans. I will be around the foot print of the stadium and popping into the Belle Vue Bar before the game.

See you tomorrow!

Hello again everyone.

Just a quick message to say thank you to the 478 fans that made the trip to Doncaster yesterday,

If you have any feedback regarding your visit then please get in touch with me. Both good and bad feedback is welcome. Anything regarding the stadium, the Belle Vue Bar, the staff is all welcome.
You can drop me a message on here or my email is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk

Thank you again and all the best for the rest of the season... apart from when we visit Roots Hall in March!!:winking:

Kind regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers Football Club.

"Worth a visit and I would suggest that the omens for an away win are better than for some years."

I think "Ooops!" is the word!

Hello again everyone.

Just a quick message to say thank you to the 478 fans that made the trip to Doncaster yesterday,

If you have any feedback regarding your visit then please get in touch with me. Both good and bad feedback is welcome. Anything regarding the stadium, the Belle Vue Bar, the staff is all welcome.
You can drop me a message on here or my email is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk

Thank you again and all the best for the rest of the season... apart from when we visit Roots Hall in March!!:winking:

Kind regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers Football Club.

Many thanks for coming on here and providing information.

A number of grounds around the country seem to like the idea of getting as many away fans as possible into the smallest possible space. The normal reason given is that it is "for our own safety" which seems (to be blunt) like tripe to be honest.

I would have preferred it if another section of the away stand had been open. I'm not of the opinion that this would have been unsafe to any of the visiting fans. And then many could have chosen to sit higher up for a better view whilst not being herded into space alongside others (including a drummer).

I wonder if you could take this into consideration. Many thanks.

The Doncaster Rovers bitter at £3.50 a pint wasn't a bad drop, better than the usual Tetley's/John Smiths option for non-lager drinkers.

The posters on the concourse with Marc-Antoine Fortune on which said Welcome to the Keepmoat Stadium were slightly random, but certainly preferable to the traditional welcome of being pelted with stones on the coach on the way into the ground...

Third visit to the Keepmoat - tonked everytime! My record visiting the old Belle Vue was no better. I think I should stay at home next time we play Donny away.

Bugger I already have a ticket for next Saturday !!

Many thanks for coming on here and providing information.

A number of grounds around the country seem to like the idea of getting as many away fans as possible into the smallest possible space. The normal reason given is that it is "for our own safety" which seems (to be blunt) like tripe to be honest.

I would have preferred it if another section of the away stand had been open. I'm not of the opinion that this would have been unsafe to any of the visiting fans. And then many could have chosen to sit higher up for a better view whilst not being herded into space alongside others (including a drummer).

I wonder if you could take this into consideration. Many thanks.

Always seems odd when clubs do this, rather than let everyone spread out a bit.

We are the same. Squashing 500 people in the corner, instead of letting them spread out across the North Bank.

Ironically, the teams we allow to spread out through sheer weight of numbers are the ones who should be further away from the West Bank, yet a few friendly fans from Fleetwood, for example, are contained in one small section, as far away from the West Bank as possible.

Back