• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Non League Football

My last three non-league games have yielded 16 goals, one red card, the woodwork hit 4 times and a penalty that ended up in a tree.

Went with the children to watch Hemel v Weston-Super-Mare. 1-1 and not much of a game, but the three of us were home by 5pm, which was nice. There is a lot to be said for being able to walk to a game.

Went with the children to watch Hemel v Weston-Super-Mare. 1-1 and not much of a game, but the three of us were home by 5pm, which was nice. There is a lot to be said for being able to walk to a game.

You must live on the pitch!

You must live on the pitch!

Only a couple of streets away. If I'm not at a game and there is a goal, I can hear the cheers from my back garden.

Every year I pray for the FA Cup draw to send Southend to Hemel but alas the Tudors got knocked out in the third qualifying round.

Ha! In my first year at Brum I used to live in Witton Lane just opposite Villa's ground.Only time in my life I've been able to stroll out after a match and catch the results on the box plus have a FT cuppa.:cricko:

Ha! In my first year at Brum I used to live in Witton Lane just opposite Villa's ground.Only time in my life I've been able to stroll out after a match and catch the results on the box plus have a FT cuppa.:cricko:

It's good to be able to make a snap decision to go to a game. essentially, if it is 2:45 on a Saturday and I'm at a loose end, I'll pop over. As will the children as they know there is a good chance of getting some chips!

Just been looking at some non-league tables.

In the Southern Premier League, Weymouth amassed 97 points. Not bad for a team that finished 5th! :omg:

Just been looking at some non-league tables.

In the Southern Premier League, Weymouth amassed 97 points. Not bad for a team that finished 5th! :omg:

And Gosport stayed up with a goal difference of -101!

(Only one went down but still...)

And congrats to Great Wakering Rovers who won the Essex Senior League title. Presume they’ll return into the lower Ryman league next season.

Went to see Hemel Town last night in their National League south playoff (effectively a quarter final) against Braintree. Dull old game ended 0-0, Braintree winning on pens.

I was pushing my luck a bit taking my seven year old son to a game on a school night anyway, so we left before extra time got underway. It meant I followed the penalty shoot-out by opening the spare room window and listening for the crowd noise. Not quite the same as being there...

Went to see Hemel Town last night in their National League south playoff (effectively a quarter final) against Braintree. Dull old game ended 0-0, Braintree winning on pens.

I was pushing my luck a bit taking my seven year old son to a game on a school night anyway, so we left before extra time got underway. It meant I followed the penalty shoot-out by opening the spare room window and listening for the crowd noise. Not quite the same as being there...

Living in Kent has meant I'm now able to add a few new non-league grounds to my list (having exhausted a fair few of the Essex ones).

A couple of weekends ago I saw Sittingbourne FC delay Carshalton from claiming the Isthmian South Division title, by staging a comeback to win 3-1.

And the month before, I saw Chatham Town, who actually have a fairly decent set up for their level; lose a one goal lead to Crowborough Athletic.

Because of the size of the crowds and the locality (10/15 minutes), I've been able to take my one year old with me, he loves cheesy chips and Dad's Kit Kat, and currently doesn't hate football - just wait till he supports a team.

Have renamed the thread so this more a general place for non-league chat, games you've been to, etc.

I see Basildon United clinched promotion from the Essex Senior League last night, with a 89th minute goal to win 1-0 against Redbridge.

Their on a good run of late, that's their 2nd promotion in 2 successive seasons. I think they might struggle to make a 3rd promotion in 3 years though when they enter the Bostik North League next season.

Always good to see another Essex side doing well in the Non League. Hopefuly we will be writing about Col Ewe in this thread in the near future!! :smile:

There has been a bit of a re-jig in the divisions below National North/South. This handy graphic explains all.

Back