• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like this Scott, it could work very well.

That would be my formation even when everyone was fit, just change certain personnel. We don't play a system that really utilises wingers so stop playing them. Josh Wright isn't a winger so stop shoe-horning him in there just to get him on the pitch.

Having 3 centre backs gives better license and cover for Demitrou and Hendrie to get forward and it's a system that would suit Coker too. We need to start playing to our player's strengths and we don't at the moment.

Usually I'm kind of old school and like a 442 but it doesn't suit our squad as we have wing backs in Demi and Hendrie being asked to operate at full back and a CM in Wright being shoved out wide

The problem with playing 5 across the back and wanting the full backs to be wingers too is that they will be reluctant to leave a big hole behind them AND then cop the blame if we concede through that space.
The midfield is, IMO, a big worry as for many of the games I have seen it hasn't worked as a midfield but rather an extra row of defenders which has left the front men isolated with either hoof ball being played or Cox dropping so far back he is playing sweeper in front of an 8 man defence.
I still trust PB and GC to have an idea or two and to pick a team they believe is best for the game: in the past PB has post match stated when HE got it wrong however more times it is the players who don't perform as they should or follow instructions .

We are really struggling at the moment whilst Wigan are flying. It is clear to me after following Southend United for six decades that the result is a foregone conclusion in these circumstances.

We will win.

サウスエンドはこの土曜日のDan Matsuzakaと対戦するべきだ - 彼は23歳のキャプテンで、何年も私たちと一緒に過ごしていた。

Easy Peasey Japanesey :cheers:

From the match ratings on here Bwomono has been man of the match in two of his four appearances. Shouldn't he keep his place?

I think we will lose the football match on Saturday.
I hope I’m wrong though......

I think we will lose the football match on Saturday.
I hope I’m wrong though......

Before people think my stark prediction is fantasy , please note that I am currently top of Division One of the main predictions league.

Not bragging , but FACT !

Poor young Elvis ,hardly a mention from anyone except YB, especially when so many said he was probably the only one who could hold his head up after the debacle against Doncaster. Yes i expect an improved performance and a narrow loss,wish i could say win ,think our best chance is to go with a 5-3-2 formation,as someone posted here.

I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

There's a lot to be said for Google translation engines.

Before people think my stark prediction is fantasy , please note that I am currently top of Division One of the main predictions league.

Not bragging , but FACT !

I'm in total awe of this man, he's a prediction God:thumbsup:

From the match ratings on here Bwomono has been man of the match in two of his four appearances. Shouldn't he keep his place?
He was my man of the match at Doncaster, but that's because he was possibly the only player not to have a complete nightmare. Worth remembering that Demetriou has been in great form the last couple of weeks too, before he went away.

Up against a strong Wigan side and with two non-natural centre backs, would be tempted to revert to Demetriou and his experience.

Back