• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What were the massive improvements?
Huge increase in revenue streams, which is what you want your commercial department to really be improving in.

Was wondering the same. Gents toilets in the west - still the same as last season !
Is that really a commercial issue though? There have been some enforced improvements in the East and the West ladies have had a full refurb, I will continue to pursue further improvements.

Huge increase in revenue streams, which is what you want your commercial department to really be improving in.

Is that really a commercial issue though? There have been some enforced improvements in the East and the West ladies have had a full refurb, I will continue to pursue further improvements.

I guess these huge increases relate to the sponsorship/hospitality areas of the operation which, whilst essential, are slightly remote from the vast majority of supporters (customers).

Commercial management should not overlook these "ordinary" customers and frankly I found very little change in the quality of the customer care aspect of football at Roots Hall from the amateurish ticket office to match day operations, during his period in office.

At Essex CCC he was always happy to engage with supporters/members but his achievements in that respect were limited.

Nice enough guy and I wish him well at Orient.

Last edited:
Is someone new writing these announcements, this was done in quite a different style to what's normally written- good to see us go out of way to thank someone

Perhaps Danny wrote it; he's there for another month :winking:

I've only really dealt with Danny once, but found him to go out of his way to accommodate my request. We were having a charity fundraising day at my local, and I emailed him on the off chance that there was anything that the club could donate to a raffle. Not only did he make the offer of a signed ball, but took the time to deliver it personally to my workplace in Basildon. Top service.

Yes it is a commercial issue!

20p a pee. Lost revenue galore.

Rhys Ellingham is also a top man and I'm sure he will do a great job. He went out of his way to help me and my family when he didn't really have to...I'm very pleased to see him get this promotion. :thumbsup:

Rhys Ellingham is also a top man and I'm sure he will do a great job. He went out of his way to help me and my family when he didn't really have to...I'm very pleased to see him get this promotion. :thumbsup:

The only promotion at Southend this season

Back