• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

144/192

Didn't miss many that I should have got and had them all from the 2nd Round in 1974/75 (should have got that one, as well) through to the 3rd Round in 2000/01 (I went to the match!)

Some of those opponents in the 1920's and 1930's, I've never heard of them!

Good quiz, that. A test of geography as much as anything.

Without giving too much away, I was surprised with two clubs in particular that we have apparently never played in the FA Cup.

No, definitely not Arsenal.

That's quite a well known one, as it's the only league team, with Forest Green Rovers, I believe, who we've never played at all in any competition.

These two clubs have spent several years in the lower leagues and have been around for a long time and are Southern based, so would be a fair chance in the regionalized first two rounds that ran for many years.

That's quite a well known one, as it's the only league team, with Forest Green Rovers, I believe, who we've never played at all in any competition.

These two clubs have spent several years in the lower leagues and have been around for a long time and are Southern based, so would be a fair chance in the regionalized first two rounds that ran for many years.
Are Charlton Athletic one of them?

And maybe Norwich? (Trying to do this purely from memory, so won't be at all surprised if they are wrong!)

And maybe Norwich? (Trying to do this purely from memory, so won't be at all surprised if they are wrong!)

Norwich was a correct answer though I seem to recall their more southerly tractor cousins may not have been.

Norwich was a correct answer though I seem to recall their more southerly tractor cousins may not have been.

Spot on.

We played Norwich in 1922/23 apparently, but not Ipswich.

That said, Ipswich didn't surprise me so much as the other club that I mentioned, which we haven't got yet.

Which, as of today, is Shildon in County Durham who are at Step 9 (Essex Senior League level). They got to the FA Vase semi-final a few years back. They will probably lose on Saturday so that leaves Step 8 of which we are guaranteed two (Haringey Boro or Heybridge Swifts and Scarborough Ath or Hyde) with cha nces for Ossett, South Shields and Paulton Rovers all of whom play "Conference" sides.

I will be on a spying mission tomorrow at Guiseley vs Shildon to see who makes the first round proper.

We had that amazing 4-1 win against Millwall when it poured with rain and the floodlights went out. Best Cup game we’ve had in years that was.

Concord Rangers 1-0 up at Woking! :thumbsup:

Heybridge Swifts winning, as well!

Back