• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why is David Amess supporting Jimmy Saville?

Yeah I just read that. What an idiot.

How dare anyone victimise Jimmy Saville.

Amazes me how some of these politicians manage to stay on the gravy train so long. It was clear this guy was a bit of wally when brasseye duped him in the 90's, his media skills have not improved :hilarious:

Even as someone with very low expectations of David A Mess, that really is an unbelievable set of comments from him. What a ****

Horrific comments aside, if Amiss doesn't have the basic intelligence to work out why people might have more courage to speak out against a powerful figure once others have come forward I'm not sure he should be having a say in how our country is run.

Amiss is an arse, simple.
The FACT that 30 thousand people in Southend West vote for him, time after time, no matter what, to represent them is hugely worrying.

He has retraced the press release.

But crucially, he hasn't retracted actually saying it.

But this is Southend on Sea and if you put a blue rosette on a toaster, it'd get elected.

He has retraced the press release.

But crucially, he hasn't retracted actually saying it.

But this is Southend on Sea and if you put a blue rosette on a toaster, it'd get elected.

Considering his ex-agent has previous problems with wandering hands then it comes as little suprise that a complete tosspot like Amiss would say something like that. But as stated, a toaster or a tin of baked beans with a blue rosette on would get in that seat.

Told you to give the Lib Dem a clear path, didn't I.

I'm not convinced he is "defending" Savile, I think what he's meaning to do, if you read his comment:

[FONT=&quot]"Just as with the claims against Jimmy Saville here in the UK, why did no one say anything until now?"[/FONT]

is ask how and why it's taken the women in the Weinstein case so long to speak out, so just use it as comparison to another case where it took victims a long time to speak up.

However much we might all wonder at this ourselves, it's clearly a very naive stance to take. Anyone who knows anything about being the victim of a manipulative person, particularly when they're in a position of power, will appreciate the effect on their self-esteem and self-belief. The fact that both these cases involved sexual allegations obviously makes it worse.

Many of these women have obviously overcome these problems and some are now extremely powerful in their own right, probably having shut these memories out of their minds. The "casting couch" has been a thing of folk lore for decades - time for changes to be made.

Back