• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If senior pro's are going missing during matches, why? There behaviour is a symptom. What is the cause? Are they poor professionals that play up for no good reason? Perhaps they are frustrated by the situation, the tactics, performances and the lack of quality in the squad?

If Cox is one of the suggested players then maybe he may be justified in asking why was he signed and then the tactics implemented make it so hard for him to work with the crumbs?

Perhaps when Anton was publicly lambasted for his sending off he may have asked how many times PB has been sent off whilst our manager and how many times PB has berated the officials?

We may see the result of disenchantment but there is no clarity as to what has caused it. We have senior pro's that have carved out decent careers by being professional. Why would they stop now?

Two sides to every coin.

I actually thought that would have been a better call yesterday, anyway.

Lenny is massively important in midfield, because of the way he tracks people.

Matzo would have benefitted from having JW alongside, as well.

We had nothing to lose by giving him a chance yesterday. It's was a game we weren't expected to win, anyway.

Who knows. Matzo and Kyps could be our new Moody and Cusack or Prior and Scully.

Opportunity missed, for me.

No mention of Hatter and Westley!!??

LOL .. I knew there was another one!

My memory fades a little on certain periods of the 80's and 90's, for some reason.

.. He is meant to be working on building a team that doesn't concede goals with a clean sheet mentality, well that is clearly not working considering the goals we are leaking, especially away from home. ? UTB.

We've currently got the most goals conceded for away games in our Division:sad:.

We have a fit one been with the club a frw years now , and i wonder why hes kept on the books if PB dosent think hes good enough to be given an opportunity. Its Matsuaka im talking about , yes hes young i realise that but never going to progress without opportunity and what better time than now.
....blimey, then we will be in trouble playing him. Easily the biggest liability in pre season friendlies

Timlin needs to be dropped, extremely poor for both their last 2 goals and continuing to play him at left back isn't funny anymore!!

If Hendrie isn't deemed good enough, how about putting Elvis there then, he can't be any worse

Therein lies the problem. Love us as I have done for sixty years I have to point out that, sadly, we are NOT a great club. Those who think we are don't understand the meaning of the word. Great clubs include Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool etc. There are no great clubs in League One (although Blackburn Rovers are pretty close). Because we are not a great club we cannot attract great players. We have to rely on scouts and on manager's instincts. PB does seem to have plumped for a large number of ageing players but effective youngsters are hard to find and hard to attract to Southend. Unless we can get a billionaire patron we will always remain a run of the mill Football League side. However we're my club and we're the best there is; but not great I'm afraid......

I used the term 'great club' as in my eyes as a supporter for 40 odd years, it is a great club because it is ours and the one I love. Of course we are not great in the same way as Real Madrid say, but it is great to us Southend supporters.

I actually thought that would have been a better call yesterday, anyway.

Lenny is massively important in midfield, because of the way he tracks people.

Matzo would have benefitted from having JW alongside, as well.

We had nothing to lose by giving him a chance yesterday. It's was a game we weren't expected to win, anyway.

Who knows. Matzo and Kyps could be our new Moody and Cusack or Prior and Scully.

Opportunity missed, for me.

Would have been crackers to play him.

I did wonder where the subliminal nickname had come from.

Now I know. :thumbsup:

Back