• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in

Votes: 192 73.0%
  • Brown out

Votes: 71 27.0%

• Total voters
I'm not going to express an opinion, but a couple of points:

Firstly, this is a subject that divides fans. This is a fan's discussion board. If you are fed up of fans discussing this subject, don't clutter up the thread with bleats, just don't bother looking at the topic. Nobody's forcing you to.

Secondly, I support Southend United, and have since the early sixties. Chairmen, players and managers come and go. I have liked some, others less so, but my opinion of a player, chairman or manager does not affect my love for the club, nor my status as a fan. I liked Luggy, others were opposed to him and delighted to see him go. That didn't make either me or them better or more loyal fans, and similarly people should be completely free to express their dislike of, or love for, Phil Brown without being abused and derided and their loyalty to the CLUB being brought into question.

No issue with it being discussed, but we don't need five or six threads running on the same PB bashing subject.

If nothing else, it becomes irritating to work out which thread to make your point on, as it can equally be made on several threads.

The 'poll' thread is enough and the other ones can be merged onto it, if needs be.

We all then know that's the thread discussing PB's future and can pay our money and take our choice.

Maybe the next two home games will define if Phil brown stays or goes .Anything other than 6 points will do .And Peterbourgh will not be a give me .

I have not read or heard of a name for Mr Brown to be replaced with; least ways a financially viable one that also makes "playing" sense. For sure Lincoln and Luton (and PB!) would require good compensation money which the club do not have.

And I am a Mr Brown to remain, and sort it out type of bloke who expects contracts to be honoured by participants to them unless both/all sides agree to annulment.

Also I expect things to improve when the injuries, especially Coker's, get fixed.

Brown in or Brown out, it's all about opinions and that is the same when supporters slag off players other supporters will have a differing opinion and like that player......that is why it is a forum for people to place their opinions if you agree or not then that's your choice.

The most important thing is to get behind the team tonight and keep giving them all the support we can until the issues off the pitch (injuries to so many players) can be resolved....come on all shrimpers keep the faith and keep the support for the players out there wearing the home shirt tonight

While I want brown gone make no mistake I will back the boys 100% tonight. A forum such as this is a good place to discuss differing opinions hopefully in a civil manner of course.

Brown in or Brown out, it's all about opinions and that is the same when supporters slag off players other supporters will have a differing opinion and like that player......that is why it is a forum for people to place their opinions if you agree or not then that's your choice.

The most important thing is to get behind the team tonight and keep giving them all the support we can until the issues off the pitch (injuries to so many players) can be resolved....come on all shrimpers keep the faith and keep the support for the players out there wearing the home shirt tonight

While I want brown gone make no mistake I will back the boys 100% tonight. A forum such as this is a good place to discuss differing opinions hopefully in a civil manner of course.

I make you both right. I will be there 100% behind the 11 on the pitch, hoping they grab 3 points

If people really think Brown is the best manager we can get I feel sorry for you. Im not going to give names of possible managers as it's not my job to do so, same as it's not my job to sack Brown. We have had the players to walk the league but they area badly managed. I still say we got promoted despite Brown, we are finishing where we are each season despite Brown.

Stop being blinkered people

There you go Dave in your very own words, exactly as I said.

He really does have a personal issue with Brown doesn't he. He's like a man on a mission to convert as many people to his thoughts as possible.

There you Dave in your very own words, exactly as I said.

Where does that say I don’t recognise we got promoted? We got promoted, you can see I’ve lsaid that, but I stand by the fact it was despite PB. That doesn’t mean I don’t recognise the fact we got promoted. I was at Wembley, right to the end. I celebrated like every other Southend fan. I support Southend United and pleased every time they win. Doesn’t mean I have to like, respect or think the manager is a good manager.

So you said I had posted numerous times how I don’t recognise the promotion. Any other posts you care to quote me on tha5 you can prove I don’t recognise the promotion?

I think you’d like to discredit my beliefs by trying to twist what I say but you will find I have never said I don’t recognise our promotion

He really does have a personal issue with Brown doesn't he. He's like a man on a mission to convert as many people to his thoughts as possible.

Indeed he does which is one thing but if people question why.....He tries to discredit them on here

I don’t need to convert anyone. They are plenty on here and not on here that know what Brown is like, how he’s behaved, how he’s treated certain players

Indeed he does which is one thing but if people question why.....He tries to discredit them on hear
You are the one that is trying to discredit me, it’s clear to see. You are a Brown fan, I’m not. You will never ever see the bad in PB, yet I have seen the good in Brown, and defended him, actually as recently as yesterday. Of course, you won’t recognise that, or you will twist it to suit your agenda, but people see through you, much like they see through Brown

As the creator of the post id be interested to see how much the pill has changed since the original voting.

Can those 3 please stop carrying on like children squabbling?
It is boring enough having to wade through page after page of the same old thing without you three having your running battles

As the creator of the post id be interested to see how much the pill has changed since the original voting.

There’s a poll in the Southend United FB group running currently and is fairly recent. Shows 150 Brown out and 70 Brown in at the moment. Different social media sites hold different members so bound to be different

Back