• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy/Gower/Flavs/Bentley/Gray/Maher/Spinner/Tilson/Brush and a whole load of others.

What a halcyon days for the club. I hope we get their like again before long.

When you think players like Jupp,Wilson.Pettifer,Sodje who any where else would be classified as average players, somehow gelled into a team and played their parts in success its a tribute to Tilly/Brush they moulded at team not built on the best players but one that fought to the end
Even Goater was past his sell by date but played an active role, so when we hear the moans about Ferdinand just think back a few years to when Goater came in, would Goater have made an impression in this team I don't think so, but with Freddy/Gower he looked the part and helped them off the field
Happy days

When you think players like Jupp,Wilson.Pettifer,Sodje who any where else would be classified as average players, somehow gelled into a team and played their parts in success its a tribute to Tilly/Brush they moulded at team not built on the best players but one that fought to the end
Even Goater was past his sell by date but played an active role, so when we hear the moans about Ferdinand just think back a few years to when Goater came in, would Goater have made an impression in this team I don't think so, but with Freddy/Gower he looked the part and helped them off the field
Happy days

Harsh on Sodje, who was good enough to play at a world cup, but fully get your point on Jupp, Wilson and Pettefer.

I used to love our Ding Dongs with Swansea , always produced goals and moments of magic , Eastwood was on fire that day but watching trundle pinging passes between, himself Robinson and Britton was pure class , for pure entertainment value Trundle was up there with best players i've ever seen at Roots Hall

I used to love our Ding Dongs with Swansea , always produced goals and moments of magic , Eastwood was on fire that day but watching trundle pinging passes between, himself Robinson and Britton was pure class , for pure entertainment value Trundle was up there with best players i've ever seen at Roots Hall

Trundle was a class act. I remember him applauding our coaches as we left the Liberty after we'd been promoted

I agree with Trundle, although Swansea had a right ****bag in Tate,

I recall a game at home against Swansea, first 5 minutes Mitchell cole took off down the left , skinned the right back and pinged a dangerous cross over.
A few minutes later he repeated it and it looked like that was where we would get a shedload of chances.
We must have lost the toss as we were kicking south and from the SU I recall a clear view of Tate then signalling to the right back to switch with him (he was at CB). The next time Mitch got the ball he skinned Tate , who the dumped him into the East Blue.
He strolled back to the CB position whist the ref showed yellow , making a job done type gesture to the right back, and he never troubled them down that flank again. Mitch was subbed just after HT I think .

Back