• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues defender Kiernan has operation on knee

It's between the medical staff and the chairman at the end of the day. The medical staff advice whether or not it's a risk, and the chairman decides whether it's a risk worth taking... Sure PB may have some influence but if it's an underlying issue that hasn't been found, fault lies with the medical staff...
With regards to the medical staff that is somewhat black and white and therefore inaccurate.

The improvement since being in L1 is minimal. I still say this minimal improvement is despite PB. We could have done so much better without him. He's a hindrance as far as I'm concerned. As long as people are happy with the way he is, the way he does things, the things he says, then he's got a job. People are far too blinkered. Look at his whole managerial career, it's the same thing over and over again

Blinkered? You've gone on record saying you made your mind up about him on the day of the JPT Final four and half years ago!

The improvement since being in L1 is minimal. I still say this minimal improvement is despite PB. We could have done so much better without him. He's a hindrance as far as I'm concerned. As long as people are happy with the way he is, the way he does things, the things he says, then he's got a job. People are far too blinkered. Look at his whole managerial career, it's the same thing over and over again

Well, at least you can see that you are part of a small minority. Less than a quarter of those responding to the latest poll on Brown Out agree with you. No problem with minorities expressing their views but you should be aware that for every person that agrees with you there are more than three who don't. Maybe you should ask yourself why that is? Could you actually be wrong I wonder...?

Well, at least you can see that you are part of a small minority. Less than a quarter of those responding to the latest poll on Brown Out agree with you. No problem with minorities expressing their views but you should be aware that for every person that agrees with you there are more than three who don't. Maybe you should ask yourself why that is? Could you actually be wrong I wonder...?

Of course SZ represents every Southend supporter???

A straw poll on here is by no means conclusive of what the majority of Southend fans think. I assure you that the % who want Brown to go is far higher than shows in a poll on a single forum

I respectfully disagree. But I can see we are going round in circles here so will leave it at that.

Best of luck to Rob Kiernan, hope he is back playing as soon as possible.

You are right, not everyone will agree as we all see things differently. Only time will tell and unless anyone has a time machine, we will have to wait and see.

As long as people are on here saying how good Brown is, there will be people saying how bad he is. Unfortunately, it will be those anti Brown supporters that will be banned from the site for having an opinion. I could tell people to stop banging on about how good Brown is, but I won't as it's their opinion, same as I have my opinion. Yet I am told to stop banging on. Maybe my opinion is a little too close to the truth and it unnerves people, who knows.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a win tonight, that's what we all want, isn't it

You are right, not everyone will agree as we all see things differently. Only time will tell and unless anyone has a time machine, we will have to wait and see.

As long as people are on here saying how good Brown is, there will be people saying how bad he is. Unfortunately, it will be those anti Brown supporters that will be banned from the site for having an opinion. I could tell people to stop banging on about how good Brown is, but I won't as it's their opinion, same as I have my opinion. Yet I am told to stop banging on. Maybe my opinion is a little too close to the truth and it unnerves people, who knows.

I defy you to show me one poster that has been banned for having anti Brown opinions Webby. If that were true McNasty would have been binned years ago!

I don't think many are saying how good Brown is, we all realise he makes strange decisions like the left back one. Also slating players in public and playing and buying unfit players. But I've seen him many times on the training ground and he's fully committed the way he works with the players. He also tries to keep a happy environment. Could we get much better? probably not out of those Managers without a job. Also the loyalty thing comes into it, if a new Manager came in and had us flying near the top, he would probably be off to the highest bidder when bigger clubs are looking for a new Manager. He gets on very well with Ron Martin which is a big plus for me. He's just been absolutely cursed this season with injuries and silly sending's off. I still feel that we will finish well up the table when the players out come back. Then all the moaning will stop from most on here.

Of course SZ represents every Southend supporter???

A straw poll on here is by no means conclusive of what the majority of Southend fans think. I assure you that the % who want Brown to go is far higher than shows in a poll on a single forum

What's your evidence for that? Have you been polling people as they come into the ground?

Bet I could name one pro Brown supporter who has been banned for having differing opinions to some on here though.

Think most of us could too.The way he expressed those opinions (though it never bothered me personally) would have been the problem, I imagine.Pity, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Not having access to the DB at the moment, I cant ratify this , but I don't think that, in the last 40 years , other than the two "Straight up" seasons, we have improved in successive seasons in this division. regardless of whether we have been promoted or relegated into the division , generally our best season is the first and then its downhill until relegation 2 or 3 seasons later.

If Brown keeps us up this year then next year will be 4 seasons in league 3

Waste Of Wages

Waste of hugely significant wages you mean, Brown could have signed a mixture of 5 maybe 6 hungry non league players and decent lower league players for their wages.

Signing a player who has not played regular football for a long time or a player who was injured is a huge gamble, let alone signing half a dozen of them and smashing the clubs wage structure in the process.

The biggest mistake for me was extending the sparingly used Theo Robinson's contract in the summer WTF

He caused most of his arguments in the political thread tho. He went well over the top in some cases. I actually liked reading his post's whether I agreed or not. He certainly stirred things up.

You know my thoughts on the matter as I PM'd you (which you gracefully replied to both times) I'm still unhappy about Rigsby being banned. Ironically, it was these type of threads where his knowledge came in handy.
Back to the discussion - I hope lad comes through this, many a career ended by a knee injury.

You know my thoughts on the matter as I PM'd you (which you gracefully replied to both times) I'm still unhappy about Rigsby being banned. Ironically, it was these type of threads where his knowledge came in handy.
Back to the discussion - I hope lad comes through this, many a career ended by a knee injury.

Why, is Rigsby a surgeon?

Back