• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WC 2018 Play-Offs

kaymac

Coach
First legs of each play-off fixture....

Sweden v Italy

Denmark V Republic of Ireland

Croatia v Greece

Northern Ireland v Switzerland

I always like an underdog, so my wish list to win from that lot would be, Sweden, Republic Of Ireland, Greece & Northern Ireland.

I always like an underdog, so my wish list to win from that lot would be, Sweden, Republic Of Ireland, Greece & Northern Ireland.

Put money on that and you could be quids in!

The acca for the four outsiders all to qualify pays about 80/1.

Quite fancy a double on the two Ireland teams.

Certainly two decent draws for them. In terms of Northern Ireland, Switzerland only lost one game in qualifying, but weren't all that apparently (according to some of the experts I listened to, I've not seen a minute of their campaign).

Neither Irish team will make it. You read it here first.

They certainly won't when the referee makes decisions like that, tonight.

FIFA, corrupt as f**k. They never let you down.

They don't even pretend to hide it nowadays!

Northern Ireland were really unlucky with some truly terrible referee decisions. They lost 1-0 to a very debatable penalty, (which cost Rory Evans he's appearance in the 2nd leg). Add to that the Swiss should have been down to 10 men after a terrible tackle.

That being said, the Swiss were slightly the better team, so I think a draw would be a fair result.

Sweden have a slight 1-0 advantage over Italy in the qualifier, could it be possible we could see a world cup with out Italy for the first time since 1958 !!

True that. Netherlands have missed a few World Cups in my memory (1986, 2002 and this one coming up) so them not being around doesn't seem that off. But no Italy? Very strange.

I do love Italy (the country) and most things Italian (bar fascism) but there's a bit of schadenfreude over a bloke I used to know who used to rub it in when England lost to Italy. This is the same man who stuck £1K on Man Utd beating us in 2007....but he was and probably still is a wonker, so happy days Barry if you're reading this.

I do love Italy (the country) and most things Italian (bar fascism) but there's a bit of schadenfreude over a bloke I used to know who used to rub it in when England lost to Italy. This is the same man who stuck £1K on Man Utd beating us in 2007....but he was and probably still is a wonker, so happy days Barry if you're reading this.

I had £ 2.50 on us at 110/1 to win 1.0 and Freddy to score

Put the cherry on the cake that famous night

Back