• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes I do.

If Ferdinand returns much fitter than before his enforced break then the current defence is fine for this league.

In an ideal world I would prefer a tall, mobile centre half, who dominates the aerial battles, to play alongside John White - a bit like Thompson last season.........

Ok, thanks for the certainty of your opinion on Timlin. I can't say that I agree with it at all, especially after this afternoon's game, but we are all entitled to our opinions. As for Ferdinand, sadly his fitness is still an issue and we definitely are still searching for tall centre halves even if they are only on the bench. Maybe we will see one come January 18.

Another day off for him today.

He is injured...

Sooner he gets back the better and hope he makes the left back position his own, because if Timlin's performances are the best we have in that position its going to be a problem. We dont need a committed loyal left back, we need a decent one.

scottish prem standard was good enough for stevie hamell and richard cadette mark McNally alan McCormack although I don't think he went down well with southend

Ok, thanks for the certainty of your opinion on Timlin. I can't say that I agree with it at all, especially after this afternoon's game, but we are all entitled to our opinions. As for Ferdinand, sadly his fitness is still an issue and we definitely are still searching for tall centre halves even if they are only on the bench. Maybe we will see one come January 18.

Bolger's not mobile.

He can't distribute the ball well either.

He can head the ball but doesn't direct it - just heads it.

Bolger's not mobile.

He can't distribute the ball well either.

He can head the ball but doesn't direct it - just heads it.

Now you've totally lost me I'm afraid. What has Bolger got to do with anything?

He is injured...

Sooner he gets back the better and hope he makes the left back position his own, because if Timlin's performances are the best we have in that position its going to be a problem. We dont need a committed loyal left back, we need a decent one.

Injured how?

He hasn't played and nothing has been mentioned elsewhere.

He is injured...

jam ... don't normally disagree, but the sooner that Coker gets back the better ... then we don't have to worry about the enigma and all this nonsense that is hendrie....

jam ... don't normally disagree, but the sooner that Coker gets back the better ... then we don't have to worry about the enigma and all this nonsense that is hendrie....
Yes agree but Coker is probably 10 lge games at least away from playing and that's a lot of games with timlin there 10 games to many!!

Bore off mate your talking rubbish, no one that can kick a ball can make Maori mistakes than timlin has lately

I know things are bad, but surely you can't blame this lot...

getattachment

Bore off mate your talking rubbish, no one that can kick a ball can make Maori mistakes than timlin has lately

Bore off...??? why the attack??I am allowed to express my views on a player that has struggled in his so called natural position

If Hendrie was better in Browns eyes he would be playing ... and he isn't ,so that speaks volumes on what he thinks of him... he would rather play Timlin out of position rather Hendrie .....

You arent disagreeing because I wasnt actually advocating Hendrie over Coker.

Coker is still someway from being ready so at present our best hope is Hendrie. Nothing against Timlin but he isnt a fullback.

Bore off...??? why the attack??I am allowed to express my views on a player that has struggled in his so called natural position

If Hendrie was better in Browns eyes he would be playing ... and he isn't ,so that speaks volumes on what he thinks of him... he would rather play Timlin out of position rather Hendrie .....

He has been injured, as he was on Saturday.

Time will tell if Brown sticks with Timlin when he is fully fit. I cant see that Timlin has done enough to keep his place personally. Elvis on the right looks far more a full back then Timlin and he is a kid.

Back