• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The only Premiership that Hendrie has played in is the Scottish Premiership for Hamilton when Alex Neil was manager there.

He never appeared in the first team at West Ham. Someone agreed his transfer to West Ham for a supposed £1m just before Bilic took over in June 15 and after Sam had left. His decent performances when on loan here were against poor opposition - including Col U. (Sam signed him on a pre contract in the January)

After just two years at West Ham they let him go on a free after a poor year at Blackburn. I suspect he is not that good really -Scots Prem standard. When Coker is fit again he may not even make the bench. Looks like a major error in judgement by Brown to me. Win some lose some.

If Hendrie is fully fit then he should play from the start on Saturday.

Two groups then need to play their part:

1. Brown and Coughs: put an arm round him if need be, give him the confidence he is lacking

2. Us, the fans: give him a cheer when his name is read out, give praise when he does well, and shut the fc uk up if one or two things he does don't quite go to plan at the start

Most of us were happy when he signed as there is a good player in there - why waste that by not being encouraging?

UTB

This post is far too sensible for SZ.
Mods , please ban this person before his or her positivity starts to spread

Basically Give him a chance or get rid......but for god sake stop playing Timlin there, for all his effort he ain’t a left back, and never will be so long as he has an a**e to s**t with!

Agreed Timlin isn't a left back but I don't think he's a good enough midfielder either anymore unfortunately. Great servant for the club but he's lost quite a lot in the last season or two.

I think Timlin has been a little lucky to be honest because he has the excuse (not that he's looking for one) that he isn't a left back on his side. He has been so poor this season and that's due to the basics. Diving in constantly, getting caught in terrible positioning, shocking passing ability, poor looping crosses, I could go on.

None of this is meant to take anything away from him. The bloke has literally cracked open his skull for us but that doesn't mean he should play just because of that. He's not the player he once was but he has still done his very best at left back but we are so weak in that area it's unreal. Fans and Brown must have noticed that we are being targeted down that side nearly every game. It's a major weak link.

Agreed Timlin isn't a left back but I don't think he's a good enough midfielder either anymore unfortunately. Great servant for the club but he's lost quite a lot in the last season or two.

I think Timlin has been a little lucky to be honest because he has the excuse (not that he's looking for one) that he isn't a left back on his side. He has been so poor this season and that's due to the basics. Diving in constantly, getting caught in terrible positioning, shocking passing ability, poor looping crosses, I could go on.

None of this is meant to take anything away from him. The bloke has literally cracked open his skull for us but that doesn't mean he should play just because of that. He's not the player he once was but he has still done his very best at left back but we are so weak in that area it's unreal. Fans and Brown must have noticed that we are being targeted down that side nearly every game. It's a major weak link.

Is this because of Timlin or because of the lack of cover in front of him?

The only Premiership that Hendrie has played in is the Scottish Premiership for Hamilton when Alex Neil was manager there.

He never appeared in the first team at West Ham. Someone agreed his transfer to West Ham for a supposed £1m just before Bilic took over in June 15 and after Sam had left. His decent performances when on loan here were against poor opposition - including Col U. (Sam signed him on a pre contract in the January)

After just two years at West Ham they let him go on a free after a poor year at Blackburn. I suspect he is not that good really -Scots Prem standard. When Coker is fit again he may not even make the bench. Looks like a major error in judgement by Brown to me. Win some lose some.
bad judgment is to keep playing timlin at left back he is so bad there hendrie alday over him and I think most of us that have a clue about football knows this

So a number of the team appear to be playing with no or low confidence but Hendrie can't get in the side because he has no confidence? Or perhaps, as some fans suggest, he is sh*te? Then again, if my memory serves, the fans labelled Oxley as sh*te when he first turned up. Maybe this and maybe that.

Put Hendrie in and let him play himself into confidence. If the reports are right he can't be any more of a liability than Timlin at left back. That must be the same Timlin that PB claimed would progress into a left back as he got older. With that level of judgment on display then maybe PB is wrong about leaving Hendrie out? There again, what about White? Solid performer and can play on the left if needed to but somehow overlooked for the role.

It appears the 'management' have got their wierdo specs on for the left back spot. Persisting with something that does not work is foolhardy in the least. With injuries our options are limited but there are at least three options for left back and only one taken. Hmmm.

Having seen all of his appearances this season and in particular his horror shows against Newport, Rotherham and Charlton I'm not in the slightest bit surprised that Phil has given Hendrie a 'rest'.

We are lucky to have such a whole hearted and versatile player as Timlin, who puts the team first and does his very best in whatever position he is asked to play and however badly injured he is.

The baying pack should get off his back.

Having seen all of his appearances this season and in particular his horror shows against Newport, Rotherham and Charlton I'm not in the slightest bit surprised that Phil has given Hendrie a 'rest'.

We are lucky to have such a whole hearted and versatile player as Timlin, who puts the team first and does his very best in whatever position he is asked to play and however badly injured he is.

The baying pack should get off his back.

Not everyone that has commented on Timlin's performance is baying for his blood, but some, including me, are concerned about the number of errors that have crept into his game playing as a left back. I have no complaints about his effort and commitment, but non-judgementally, do you think he is maintaining a good enough level of performance there?

Not everyone that has commented on Timlin's performance is baying for his blood, but some, including me, are concerned about the number of errors that have crept into his game playing as a left back. I have no complaints about his effort and commitment, but non-judgementally, do you think he is maintaining a good enough level of performance there?

Yes I do.

If Ferdinand returns much fitter than before his enforced break then the current defence is fine for this league.

In an ideal world I would prefer a tall, mobile centre half, who dominates the aerial battles, to play alongside John White - a bit like Thompson last season.........

So a number of the team appear to be playing with no or low confidence but Hendrie can't get in the side because he has no confidence? Or perhaps, as some fans suggest, he is sh*te? Then again, if my memory serves, the fans labelled Oxley as sh*te when he first turned up. Maybe this and maybe that.

Put Hendrie in and let him play himself into confidence. If the reports are right he can't be any more of a liability than Timlin at left back. That must be the same Timlin that PB claimed would progress into a left back as he got older. With that level of judgment on display then maybe PB is wrong about leaving Hendrie out? There again, what about White? Solid performer and can play on the left if needed to but somehow overlooked for the role.

It appears the 'management' have got their wierdo specs on for the left back spot. Persisting with something that does not work is foolhardy in the least. With injuries our options are limited but there are at least three options for left back and only one taken. Hmmm.

I don't recall PB ever saying that but if he did, coaches a Fulham said it a long time before him.

Back