• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we had any sense we should be offering Coker his new deal now whilst he is out with his broken leg.

You arent disagreeing because I wasnt actually advocating Hendrie over Coker.

Coker is still someway from being ready so at present our best hope is Hendrie. Nothing against Timlin but he isnt a fullback.

He has been injured, as he was on Saturday.

Time will tell if Brown sticks with Timlin when he is fully fit. I cant see that Timlin has done enough to keep his place personally. Elvis on the right looks far more a full back then Timlin and he is a kid.

I'd even be tempted now to stick Demetriou out on the left and put Elvis in at right back. The thought of Timlin left back now just gives me the 'ump.

The stuff he was doing Saturday wasn't anything to do with not being a full back. He just doesn't look like a footballer at the minute and it's sad because the guy will go down as a Southend legend in my eyes and he's really tarnishing a reputation right now.

I was looking at the squad for the “best 1[SUP]st[/SUP]11” thread and it got me thinking about the problematic left back spot whilstCoker is out. Timlin isn’t getting any better there and it made me wonder whatother options we have there as Hendrie seems to be massively out of favour. McLaughlinplayed at left back for forest, worth a try? Can’t do worse than Tims surely?

I was looking at the squad for the “best 1[SUP]st[/SUP]11” thread and it got me thinking about the problematic left back spot whilstCoker is out. Timlin isn’t getting any better there and it made me wonder whatother options we have there as Hendrie seems to be massively out of favour. McLaughlinplayed at left back for forest, worth a try? Can’t do worse than Tims surely?

Yeah I’ve thought the same to be honest. Whatever happens Timlin needs dropping coz he’s becoming a liability at the moment. I’ve lost count of the amount of moves that have broken down in recent games as soon as he gets it and hits a woeful long ball forward.

The thing with timlin which is admirable and crap at the same time is that he always makes himself available . He Can be having a stinker but he always makes himself available. He never hides, and he does try the killer pass ( Saturday's free kick near disaster). The problem is in doing this he is out of position far too often and some of his basic passing has been shocking. None of this is imo an excuse for the abuse he got on Saturday which was awful. ( he was getting abuse for simply wanting the ball, and even if there was no error or the error was 90% a team mate he still got abuse . Pathetic imo

Infinitely worse.

Careful what you wish for.

Yep give me a brave player like Timlin anyday of the week ..... he is 100% committed and wins every 50/50 , most 40/60s and some 30/70s !!!!!! He is usually so positive and looking for the killer pass to break teams down - ok occasionally such high risk passes dont come off but if we had 11 players all passing the buck and too scared to try something different for fear of messing up , then what a boring team we would have. I would argue our team is too predictable in its attacking play at the moment , so as much as playing maybe John White as LB would strengthen the defending , having Timlin rampaging down the left flank does have its advantages with better balance. ( Especially with often a right footer in front at LM )

Some of my most favourite players of all time are ones that grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take a gamble .... risking the wrath of fans but confident in their ability to take that shot , win that cruching tackle or take that player on .... im thinking Mark Gower , Paul Clark , Richard Cadette ..... if we have 11 Mark Beards we would be tidy but not particularly exciting to watch !!!!

Yep give me a brave player like Timlin anyday of the week ..... he is 100% committed and wins every 50/50 , most 40/60s and some 30/70s !!!!!! He is usually so positive and looking for the killer pass to break teams down - ok occasionally such high risk passes dont come off but if we had 11 players all passing the buck and too scared to try something different for fear of messing up , then what a boring team we would have. I would argue our team is too predictable in its attacking play at the moment , so as much as playing maybe John White as LB would strengthen the defending , having Timlin rampaging down the left flank does have its advantages with better balance. ( Especially with often a right footer in front at LM )

Some of my most favourite players of all time are ones that grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take a gamble .... risking the wrath of fans but confident in their ability to take that shot , win that cruching tackle or take that player on .... im thinking Mark Gower , Paul Clark , Richard Cadette ..... if we have 11 Mark Beards we would be tidy but not particularly exciting to watch !!!!

You are pretty much describing how we are now

Back