• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis and Dru are two top quality names.

In my opinion we should be steering well clear of Harrys, Jacks and Jordans which are two a penny.

Elvis and Dru are two top quality names.

In my opinion we should be steering well clear of Harrys, Jacks and Jordans which are two a penny.

I don't think Elvis compares to Elohor Godswill Ekpolo (Fleetwood) or Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila (Also Fleetwood).

With all this negativity going about, I thought I'd put some positive stuff. Southend U18s won 4-2 away at Lootown even tho down to 10 men. That puts them up to third in the League. By all accounts it was a brilliant performance. Youth team coach Dave Huzzey was very happy with the victory against a good side. It must give our youth players a lot of hope when they see the likes of Elvis Bwomono and Dru Yearwood playing for the first team. In all my years supporting SUFC, the youth set up has never been so strong. A fantastic photo here after one of the goals. Clearly team spirit and togetherness is excellent as well.

DMvXecJXcAAdUFn.jpg:large

Bodes well for 10 years' time.

Sat 28th Oct. Cambridge U18s 0 Southend U18s 1. Now the fourth win in the last five games. Well done lads, keep it up.:thumbsup: Sewa Marah scores again. Apparently Blues had the better of the first half, and Cambridge had much the better of the 2nd half. Some excellent defending and some good fortune kept the home team out. Cambridge hit the bar twice in the game, and there was some excellent blocks from the Blues players and some good saves by Seaden.

Last edited:
Update 11th Nov 2017.
Wimbledon U18s 0 Southend U18s 2. Kinali and Hutchings the scorers. Now five wins out of the last six games in the league. Excellent.

Update. 20th Jan 2018. MK Dons U18s 0 Southend U18s 1. Very hard fought game apparently on a soggy pitch. Emile Acquah scores again(He's the next Wabo) and some great defending see's the young Blues hang on. This means the squad have qualified for the EFL Youth Alliance Merit League One, with a game to spare. Well done lads.

Would this be the same age group that played them in the FA Youth Cup?

Hanging on to Ricky Duncan has got to be the best bit of business we’ve done for the last god knows how many years. Such a huge asset to this club.

Bentley, Smith, Bwomono, Matsuzaka, Coutts, Kyprianou, Phillips, Yearwood, Payne, Wabo to name but a few who’ve progressed to the first team of late. Not to mention the numerous players that have been sold for fees, Della-Verde, Abalimba, Orenuga, Iorfa, Hayden, Ngoo, Burns. The list goes on.

Long may his fantastic work continue.

Hanging on to Ricky Duncan has got to be the best bit of business we’ve done for the last god knows how many years. Such a huge asset to this club.

Bentley, Smith, Bwomono, Matsuzaka, Coutts, Kyprianou, Phillips, Yearwood, Payne, Wabo to name but a few who’ve progressed to the first team of late. Not to mention the numerous players that have been sold for fees, Della-Verde, Abalimba, Orenuga, Iorfa, Hayden, Ngoo, Burns. The list goes on.

Long may his fantastic work continue.

Yes, Ricky is brilliant for the club, over many years.

Very true. But Harry is not a product of our Youth set up

That may be true, but we also didn't sign a first team player and by saying that you discredit the work that was put in over the last three years 'til now to get him out on that pitch. It's a difficult transition from U21's to the first team, and Watford had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Back