• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People are strange

Is it me, or do women just have red top (ie, no fat/no taste) milk in their tea or coffee?

There is a chap I see on my commute most mornings. Regular bloke, aged about 50.

No matter what the weather, he never has a jacket on. Short sleeved shirt every time whether it is the height of summer or touching freezing, like today. I don't know how he does it.

There is a chap I see on my commute most mornings. Regular bloke, aged about 50.

No matter what the weather, he never has a jacket on. Short sleeved shirt every time whether it is the height of summer or touching freezing, like today. I don't know how he does it.

I bet he relies on a chunky gold watch and a lot of body hair for sun protection in the summer as well.

Sounds like a man's man to me.

A dude in my office eats 12 M&S chicken drumsticks for lunch every day. No bread, salad or vegetables, just meat.

A dude in my office eats 12 M&S chicken drumsticks for lunch every day. No bread, salad or vegetables, just meat.

On Jon Ronson's Butterfly Effect podcast, during a chat about sex-dolls, the sound engineer pipes up that he ha a condition where he's extremely picky about what he eats, so much so, that he finds it hard to be in relationships - and one of the very few things he eat is fried chicken.

Is it me, or do women just have red top (ie, no fat/no taste) milk in their tea or coffee?

What is it you are insinuating here Paul? We have red and green (top) milk both at work and at home. Red milk in tea and in cereal, green in coffee for us.

What is it you are insinuating here Paul? We have red and green (top) milk both at work and at home. Red milk in tea and in cereal, green in coffee for us.

Nothing....it's just at work at the tea bar, the women are mostly (not all) opting for red milk.

On my walk to the station (me in wellies, wrapped up like an eskimo) I spottted women tottering through the slush and snow in high heels, men in canvas trainers, one knobber in shorts. :facepalm: Broken ankle anyone?

There's a guy where I work who keeps pronouncing the word premium as prem-ium. Not pre-mium like normal human people but prem-ium. I die a little inside every time he says it.

Also found out he pronounces project the same as Americans do (like pro plus).

If I find out he pronounces data like the yanks do I'm gonna lose my s**t

If I find out he pronounces data like the yanks do I'm gonna lose my s**t

Strangely I'm working with an American data scientist, and we have regular weekly meetings. He pronounced data correctly....ie "day-ta" rathetr than "dar-ta". No idea if he's doing it for the benefit of a UK audience.

Kev gets things left in the taxi from time to time, usually packets of cigarettes or a can of Fosters, this week he had half a dozen eggs in the type of box you get direct from farms, i.e. not a supermarket packaged lot.

Back