• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wonder if we're talking about the same book?-sorry my copy's somewhere in the house,upstairs I think.I'm talkng about the yellow jacketed The Official History of SUFC -often called the bible on here-by Peter Mason,certainly not Perry![/QUOTe
The book we were talking about was a history of Colchester United with ref to Duncan Forbes, .not the SUFC book which as you say was wriiten by Peter Mason.Wonder if the Masons are related?

Hal Mason was the author, notPaul, or even Perry!

I wonder if we're talking about the same book?-sorry my copy's somewhere in the house,upstairs I think.I'm talkng about the yellow jacketed The Official History of SUFC -often called the bible on here-by Peter Mason,certainly not Perry!

Two different books 'Tangles'.

Hal Mason wrote 'The History of the Us' (That's U as in United, not 'us'). I read it as meaning 'us' as in Southend United, at first.

Peter Mason wrote 'The Official History of the Blues' which is the Southend United book. The one that has Dave Goody's stats in the back of all the games.

HTH,

Edit : 'Blue Exile' just beat me to it.

The book we were talking about was a history of Colchester United with ref to Duncan Forbes, .not the SUFC book which as you say was wriiten by Peter Mason.Wonder if the Masons are related?

We all know what masons are like, so could easily be! :winking:

Yes. The word on the street is they're going to approach Chris Coleman. They approached Michael O'Neill first, but he turned them down. Heckingbottom hasn't been approached yet. Ally McCoist wants the job, but they're not too keen.

Yep done deal. Coleman leaves Wales to take over, so that's another one we can put to bed.

Finally. Can we close this thread now, ....give it a few hours, and someone on here will open a new one entitled "Brown For the Wales Job?" :smile:

Not so hasty mattitouk, just time for this please:

"Shrimpers till I die, I'm a Shrimper till I die, I know I am I'm sure I ****in well am, I'm a Shrimper till I bloody well snuff it" _66617060_dscf3010 - Copy.jpg

As a mark of respect lets all hush at three minutes tomorrow (Bolton, England, Sunderland) and cup our ears towards the dug out to hear him sing it :smile:

Back