• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I didn't go or even listen on the radio but here are my ratings anyway:

Oxley 7 Made some good saves. Couldn't do anything with the penalty
Demetriou 5 Okay going forward, shaky defending
Timlin 4 Kept giving the ball away, too many rash challenges, right winger gave him a torrid time
Ferdinand 6 Did okay
White 6 Did okay
Kightly 6 Nothing really came off for him today. Can see he still has it though
Wright 6 Okay, bit anonymous, some nice passes
Leonard 8 Was everywhere, unlucky to give away the penalty
Wordsworth 5 Didn't get into the game today
Cox 6 Ran around a lot. Wish he would shoot more
Fortune 5 Some nice touches but doesn't look like scoring

subs:
Ranger 6 Won some headers in both boxes. Doesn't look like scoring.

:smile: Too good!

A couple of shots that on another day might have gone in that were cleared off the line.

But so flat in the first half especially. Why cant these players get up for a game , so lacklustre.

What is it with Brown taking Fortune off and bringing waste of space Ranger on.

You get used to going out of every cup cpmpetition at the first hurdle but it still hurts.

Apologies for upsetting any Brown lovers but this quote sums him up:

Brown: "We didn’t show them enough respect. I did but they didn’t."

#neverhisfault

please tell me you made that up:unsure:

Yep, it is, but there's about four other threads, including the official match thread, where people can voice their opinion about the team, manager and the like.

This thread is about the match itself and the report and ratings.

No issue with people being opinionated. Just that there's other threads where they can voice their opinion about PB and the like.

I might be alone, but it would be nice to log on later and see a couple of pages about the match itself, rather than 8 or 9 about PB and how clueless he is.

None of the above you have written is about the match..hypocrite :smile:

I’m afraid not. See Chris Philips Twitter feed

ha ha - my boy was at the the game today and tells me the rumour going round the fans was that the club have blocked Sunderland talking to Brown - I think the rumour was started by ------ Phil Brown:smile:

Is it too much to ask for a little bit of cup interest?

Listening on the radio today another baffling sub by PB today in taking off Fortune - what has that guy done to upset Tango?

So, the last sentence qualifies as a comment on the match. Now to the real issue - PB has stayed too long, doesn't want to be here and consistently says stupid stuff after a match (see Shrimper Neil's post re his latest effort today).

I support my club, care for its history, have hope for its future, and am not prone to making non-positive comments, but there is a rotten apple in it now and Ron needs to drive it up the A1. Enough is enough.

well done mate, was said in jest etc :winking:

Yep, I know. Loved it! :cool::smile: Made me LOL.

I've had a re-think and people are probably right. It is an open forum. Just that I kind of felt this thread would end up being another Brown out fest. The same points made over and over again. It might discourage people who went to the game in commenting, for fear of being ridiculed for saying the performance wasn't as bad as made out. Stuart Smith and Glenn Pennyfather just sounded like a pair of moaning old gits most of the afternoon. If we were poor, then it's the people who went that would give the most honest overview.

That said, people on here are right. PB's post-match interview is pretty poor.

One way or another, either he stays committed or we let him speak to Sunderland and get it dusted one way or another.

He clearly wants the job and would leave us with a good squad who could almost take care of themselves.

Yeovil number 17 had everyone in his pocket.
We huffed and puffed but couldn't open them up. Their 2 strikers both suspended.
Enough said really. :) seems like we're going to be at home v Oldham round 2 day then?

Another early exit from the FA Cup. How I yearn for those heady days where we stuffed Aylesbury away in the cup. Oh my, now I think about it we lost that one 1-0 as well. Nothing changes, we are not a cup team.
We will yo-yo through the leagues with disappointment and frustration around every corner. We will also enjoy some of the best moments of our lives as well.
One thing is for certain, we will all be back and the stadium will always be just over the rainbow, that pot of gold you can just never reach.
Up the Blues

Another early exit from the FA Cup. How I yearn for those heady days where we stuffed Aylesbury away in the cup. Oh my, now I think about it we lost that one 1-0 as well. Nothing changes, we are not a cup team.
We will yo-yo through the leagues with disappointment and frustration around every corner. We will also enjoy some of the best moments of our lives as well.
One thing is for certain, we will all be back and the stadium will always be just over the rainbow, that pot of gold you can just never reach.
Up the Blues

Good post, that.

Even the years we got promoted, I remember us losing 1-0 at home to Hereford, who were bottom of the football league and that Aylesbury game.

The 3-2 defeat in the pouring rain on that open terrace at Orient, as well.

PB under pre sure to get a result against Colu on tuesday night.Loose that one uncle Ron might be think it's P45 time

I think we all know that this is Brown's last chance saloon season,if Fossetts actually moves forward then he will be expected to produce a play off place minimum. Are the players actually turning up for him now is the question. This squad is certainly the strongest for many years .We all know Ron isn't a hire and fire manager ,but this season a cup run was probably very important as the season has been poor so far....
Is it too much to ask for a little bit of cup interest?

Listening on the radio today another baffling sub by PB today in taking off Fortune - what has that guy done to upset Tango?

So, the last sentence qualifies as a comment on the match. Now to the real issue - PB has stayed too long, doesn't want to be here and consistently says stupid stuff after a match (see Shrimper Neil's post re his latest effort today).

I support my club, care for its history, have hope for its future, and am not prone to making non-positive comments, but there is a rotten apple in it now and Ron needs to drive it up the A1. Enough is enough.

Back