• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PB under pre sure to get a result against Colu on tuesday night.Loose that one uncle Ron might be think it's P45 time

Why? We're in a better league position than we were this time last year, we're only 2 off the playoffs. Why would Ron have given him time then but not now? Brown will have until the end of the season unless there's no chance of us making it.

Why? We're in a better league position than we were this time last year, we're only 2 off the playoffs. Why would Ron have given him time then but not now? Brown will have until the end of the season unless there's no chance of us making it.
Our better players like Kightly and the like are back but we have powder puff stick force PB can't seem to motive them.Ron isn't like most chairmen and will give him time but our much will he give him.I for one want PB to suceed can't understand why we have so many players not performing.

Our better players like Kightly and the like are back but we have powder puff stick force PB can't seem to motive them.Ron isn't like most chairmen and will give him time but our much will he give him.I for one want PB to suceed can't understand why we have so many players not performing.

Our better defenders aren't back though, until they return we're forced to play defensively to cover them else we'll suffer another big loss (especially until Timlin is replaced), which severely limits our chances.

For anyone who was there, do we know why our goal was disallowed?

Statler and Waldorf didn't seem to know on the radio.

Our strike force is performing exactly to the pattern of their career goals to games ratios. Neither Fortune, Ranger nor Robinson are prolific goalscorers, and Cox's record is slightly better only because he had a couple of prolific seasons at Swindon nearly a decade ago. Presumably Brown was aware of all this when he signed them. They just don't score goals and are not going to suddenly start now.

Cheers 'Watermill'.

Sounded like there wasn't too many complaints from the players.

Game was terrible. They got a pen which it was by Lenny.
Nother sure what Josh does tbh.
Kights at the back . Why?
Ranger did his best but seemed isolated at times. A poor time hoping to stay in the league. Us looking like strangers.

Just got back home and am questioning my sanity as to whatever prompted me to go.
Players I thought who can look themselves in the mirror tomorrow:- Oxley, Ferdinand, White and Leonard.

Players who need to take a long hard look at themselves would be Demetriou, Wright and especially Kightly.
Whether he is still suffering from his injury I don't know, but to be constantly robbed of the ball by a league 2 full-back begs lots of questions.
Not looked at the match stats, but we appeared to have a load of possession but actually going nowhere.
What was even more frustrating was that at 1-0 you would have expected Yeovil to close it down and be all over us like a rash when we had possession, not so, the game got really stretched and was end to end although a neutral would have been hard pressed to know who were the league one side.

I have heard Brown's gripes - we thought it was a definite penalty, our disallowed goal was a correct decision, but yes he was right about a lot being down to the attitude of the players.
I would suggest that is largely down to bad management (Sunderland job making you take your eye off the ball, eh Phil?).

Anyway, he has got previous managing us against lower league sides Newport and Chester spring immediately to mind.

A match to leave off your C.V. Phil.

That was a long round trip today and not a nice detour on the way home either.
Wished I had stayed and home and baked a cake but I suppose like the rest of us I will be back in the car for the next away game hoping for a win.
Pretty dull game all round really and the penalty against us was pretty soft in my opinion.
We had a couple of shots cleared off the line and their keeper made a good save from Cox but apart from that nothing to really write about.
I am not sure but Oxley to me did not look fully fit today but done a job.
White as always was Mr reliable and have to say I thought Ferdinand had a slightly better game today.
Cox tried hard.
No-one really stood out but, Yeovil seemed to show more hunger for the game. Every time we had the ball they closed us down so quickly.
The sad thing is looking at the team on paper we have a pretty decent squad and we really should be better than this. As for Mr PB I am reluctant to say i am swaying to to out brigade

Give it a rest.You were saying that last season too.Where did we finish? Seventh.

Can I assume that this game wasn't on ifollow?

If this thread is about the match here we go.

The first half was one of the worst I have ever seen for attitude.

The players just didn't give a ****

Yeovil could have had a penalty before Lenny's foul when Ferdinand made contact with one of their forwards who went straight down. It wasn't a penalty but I've seen them given.

They all went off at HT without breaking sweat - a bit like the Old Boys when we played Eastwood Rangers.

Barry Fry would have made three substitutions after half an hour.

The second half was better and there were a couple of goal line clearances but Yeovil deserved their luck and could have scored a second on a couple of occasions. Amazing considering that both of their first choice forwards were missing.

We got what we deserved - nothing.

Personally I put it down to Mr Motivator, who clearly doesn't understand what his 'I'll walk over hot coals to get the South Shields job' sound bites do to the players under his command. Bring back a DOF like Tara or Gary to sort this fella out.

Ratings

Oxley: He was awful when he signed and I certainly considered him to be another Emberson. This season he has been great and apart from one awful flap at a cross, which he completely missed,he was fautless again today. The penalty was unstoppable. 7
Demetriou: Second half he was excellent but his efforts just highlighted how little he was bothered first half. 6
Ferdinand: So relaxed he almost falls over. No thanks. I want a captain to be leading by example and getting the best out of his team on the pitch. No chance. Nearly caught out for another penalty and arguing with the referee for no particularly good reason. 4
White: How this bloke continues to give 7.5 out of 10 as a minimum is incredible seeing as his boss can't wait to replace him and constantly tells anyone who'll listen that everything will be fine when he's not playing. Again today he was excellent at the back and did everything required - unlike his partner. 8
Timlin: I like Tims but not a great day for him. PLAYING OUT OF POSITION because Brown signed Hendrie who had four games last year - yes four! 5
Kightly: He was great when he was here before and was desparately unlucky to be released. This time around he thinks he's Billy Big B******* No thanks. Lucky not to give a second goal away when he 'did a McLaughlin at Wigan'. 4
Leonard: Always does his best and today was no exception. He gave the penalty away but at least he was trying to win the ball. 7
Wordsworth: A class above and obviously thinks that playing at Yeovil is below him. 3
Wright: The guy just passes it short backwards or sideways and today was no exception. 1 ( He would get an extra mark if he could persuade his brother to come and play left back for us).
Cox: One of the few who couldn't be faulted for effort BUT HIS JOB IS TO STAY UP FRONT AND SCORE. Brown should surely be pointing this out. 5
Fortune: OK today but no support and never looked like scoring despite a couple of on target efforts 5

Well there you go.

I would just love to hear the case for the defence from Rigsby.

Surely even he could not defend Brown for this debacle, which was far worse than our legendary reverse to the Ducks.

It was one of those games where we needed a bit of luck, like a deflection or a defender a foot away from those efforts blocked on the line.
No one appears to want to give Yeovil credit for doing a decent jo on limited resources.
This 'they played like they couldn't care less' is piffle.
Trying to carve out opportunities, and succeeding isn't a given. What is playing like they care? Running around like headless chickens? Kicking someone up in the air?
I agree there were players like Kightly and for me, Leonard, not on top form, but try they did, especially in the second half.
Oh, and while here, shame on you Mr Moron, whoever you are, for abusing Ranger as he left the pitch. What had he done to deserve that?

So, I usually come on here with a glass half full attitude, and try to make an attempt to see the positives and accept that we are a third tier punching above themselves.

Today I am not. Today I am fuming at what was served up in front of me.

For those of you who like long words, try this one. Omnishambles.

Lets be honest, Yeovil were a poor team who offered little, but did defend like lions. If anything any good comes from this, PB will make their massive CB (no 17) an offer the first chance he gets.

The beginning was positive, we dominated, their keeper got his gloves warmed. Looked like a training game at times as we passed the ball around albeit poorly, and some players didn't look overly bothered. Anyway, out of nowhere they got a penalty- no real complaints and we are goal down. Curiously, we did little for the rest of the half other than give the ball away.

We dominated the second half. The chances they got were mainly because we were throwing players forward. The chances we got involved having two cleared off the line, keeper making a decent stop, Ranger heading weakly wide or at the keeper. We did get the ball in the net, but some unsubtle pushing by Cox on the keeper meant it was never going to stand.

So, omnishambles. We have some good players, some who are playing a level lower than where they could be. But they're not a team. They don't have much in the way of tactics. They don't seem able to pass to each other. One or two give the impression they don't really care. So, unusually for me, some ratings.

Oxley 7 - did what he did ok. Nearly got the penalty. Came for and missed a swirling cross. But, in Player of the Year standings he is in the top 3.

Dimi 7 - Attacked well, looked to make changes, looked to create things.

Tims 3 - Not a left back. Spent most of the game giving the ball away or being out of position. Yep, he can go forward ok,but I reckon he gave the ball away more than he found a blue shirt.

Anton 6 - Didn't have a bad game, but didn't have much to do.

JW 6 - Same as Anton. Not much to do.

Lenny 7 - Not sure how we are going to replace him (more of that later). End to end, as usual, but struggled to create anything going forward.

Wright 4 - Clearly not a wide player, and pretty much anonymous. Was briefly moved into the middle when Wordsworth went off, and was similarly anonymous. If he is the replacement for Leonard, I am worried. If he really won the Gillingham Player of the Season ahead of Bradley Dack, then its about time he started playing like that for us.

Wordsworth 4 - Not fit or not bothered. Not sure which. One long range effort, but struggling to think of anything else of note other than being subbed.

Kightly 3 - A Premier League player? Not on this performance. Nowhere near. Only surprise was that he wasn't hauled off. Yeah, he can find a decent pass, yeah he can go past people, but time and time again he chose the wrong option which usually involved the ball going to a green shirt or putting a blue shirt in trouble.

Fortune 5 - I feel sorry for him. At times last year he was unplayable. This year, games just pass him by. He runs after lost causes or finds himself isolated up front.

Cox 7 - The best midfielder we had today. Which is sad because he is a centre forward. I cannot question his workrate or desire. He was all over the park, but I don't recall him getting a sniff.

Subs

Ranger 6 - Came on for Fortune and won many headers, held the ball up and did make a difference. Never looked like scoring, despite getting chances. Seems to want to try the difficult thing, where a simple pass is more appropriate

McL 6 - Difficult to judge as he came on the opposite side to me, but did get into their box a couple of time and was responsible for the one "off the line" changes

McG 4 - Came on, played wide, had the ball lumped at him a la Ranger. Couldn't see the point. Felt sorry for him

All this directed by a manager who didn't seem to know what to do. Yeah, Ranger for Fortune. But then McL for Wordsworth put Wright in the middle. I really don't think Wordsworth was fit, and if not, why risk him. Play Yearwood. Then came McG for the ineffective Wright, leaving us three wide men in midfield, one of whom (Kightly) bizarrely ended up playing a holding midfielder as we threw players aimlessly forward. The whole thing just looked wrong, and it didn't look like a team.

So, once again our adventures in the Cup lasted a total of 180 minutes, and this year, we never bothered the scoreboard. And for the first time in a long while I am questioning why I am shelling out £60 plus for a seven hour round tip......

For anyone who was there, do we know why our goal was disallowed?

Statler and Waldorf didn't seem to know on the radio.

really? Are these people professional journalists and football watchers. It was pretty obvious. The only reason we "went up" was mainly out of boredom, but because the ref seemed to indicate a goal initially.

Foul mainly by Cox, but possibly others, on the keeper. Looked like a rugby line out.

Back