• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is where my major concern is. Whilst the currencies cryptography makes them very safe, you are still putting a lot of faith in the "digital wallet". I researched and went with coinbase, which allows you to purchase Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. The currencies that interest me the most are Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero and Ripple. I have not purchased any ripple or monero as I don't trust the companies I can buy and store them with. So I have purchased bitcoin and litecoin. I've actually had a bit of a result on the litecoin which has gone up 20% this week, all of these crypto-currencies are volatile and are having spikes and drops but all are on an upward trend overall. I was very sceptical to start but I have put in probably about 30hrs of research into the good and bad and I'm starting to believe. Listening to John McAfee (of internet security fame) and Bill Gates talk and endorse them certainly played a big part.

I've set up an account with coinBase and downloaded the app. When I register a card, I have to add my address but it only shows US states and I can't get it to show UK counties. Have you made any profit on litecoin yet?

I've set up an account with coinBase and downloaded the app. When I register a card, I have to add my address but it only shows US states and I can't get it to show UK counties. Have you made any profit on litecoin yet?
I had that problem, you select UK but it still only gives you US states and its a compulsory field, if you select virgin islands it goes through.

I was 20% up on litecoin last week but every Crypto seemed to take a hit over the weekend and I'm only 10% up now. It will go up and down all over the p[lace though, the important thing is that it seems to be continuing on an upward curve.

This is where my major concern is. Whilst the currencies cryptography makes them very safe, you are still putting a lot of faith in the "digital wallet". I researched and went with coinbase, which allows you to purchase Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. The currencies that interest me the most are Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero and Ripple. I have not purchased any ripple or monero as I don't trust the companies I can buy and store them with. So I have purchased bitcoin and litecoin. I've actually had a bit of a result on the litecoin which has gone up 20% this week, all of these crypto-currencies are volatile and are having spikes and drops but all are on an upward trend overall. I was very sceptical to start but I have put in probably about 30hrs of research into the good and bad and I'm starting to believe. Listening to John McAfee (of internet security fame) and Bill Gates talk and endorse them certainly played a big part.

with the greatest respect, McAfee's a bit mad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee

with the greatest respect, McAfee's a bit mad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee

Haha I was just about to write something in "what you have watched on TV". I've watched his interviews and he comes across really well, but he's always introduced as "controversial" or "having lived a mad life" etc. So I thought I'd watch the Netflix documentary on him this weekend, Gringo. He is a complete nut job! But he does seem to know his tech.

Haha I was just about to write something in "what you have watched on TV". I've watched his interviews and he comes across really well, but he's always introduced as "controversial" or "having lived a mad life" etc. So I thought I'd watch the Netflix documentary on him this weekend, Gringo. He is a complete nut job! But he does seem to know his tech.

Yeah - I looked at bitcoin a few years back but didnt have the spare cash. There was a journo who bought some years ago to see how it worked, forgot about it, looked at it again and basically bought a house with the proceeds.

Loads on reddit for those still unsure.

I had that problem, you select UK but it still only gives you US states and its a compulsory field, if you select virgin islands it goes through.

I was 20% up on litecoin last week but every Crypto seemed to take a hit over the weekend and I'm only 10% up now. It will go up and down all over the p[lace though, the important thing is that it seems to be continuing on an upward curve.

I'll try that. So you don't actually buy bitcoins/litecoins as such, it's just like buying shares?

I'll try that. So you don't actually buy bitcoins/litecoins as such, it's just like buying shares?

Depends on how much you are investing, I own 12 litecoins but don't own a whole bitcoin yet. Coinbase will show you in your wallet how many you own, or what percentage of one you own. Obviously there is no tangible coin as such because it is just encryption, but the complexities of making a bitcoin with the supercomputing power and electricity costs is estimated at over $1000 so mining a bitcoin is not just printing something on paper like fiat currencies.

Depends on how much you are investing, I own 12 litecoins but don't own a whole bitcoin yet. Coinbase will show you in your wallet how many you own, or what percentage of one you own. Obviously there is no tangible coin as such because it is just encryption, but the complexities of making a bitcoin with the supercomputing power and electricity costs is estimated at over $1000 so mining a bitcoin is not just printing something on paper like fiat currencies.

Thrown $105 at litecoin last week which gives me 1.7 coins and they to be rising nicely at the moment. If yeah the dizzy heights of Bitcoin or Ethereum I'll be happy, though I wish I'd invested more now

Thrown $105 at litecoin last week which gives me 1.7 coins and they to be rising nicely at the moment. If yeah the dizzy heights of Bitcoin or Ethereum I'll be happy, though I wish I'd invested more now
Good luck mate, I like litecoin, I'd suggest following its creator Charlie Lee on Twitter. He is very active so you always know what is going on

Bitcoin up to £7k another all time high, £10k by xmas is possible, certainly £10k by March 2018 as many are predicting

Bitcoin up to £7k another all time high, £10k by xmas is possible, certainly £10k by March 2018 as many are predicting
Tokenpay seems to be the latest incarnation. Starts selling in 2 days but need to purchase with Bitcoin. I've created a wallet using Luno but a bit stuck now. Luna need me to transfer money to them using Iban which is fine but once they have my money and I get the bitcoin into my wallet, tokenpay want me to add my wallet address so the bitcoin can be transferred to them to but tokenpay with so am a bit lost now

https://www.tokenpay.com?rc=0GH51

Tokenpay seems to be the latest incarnation. Starts selling in 2 days but need to purchase with Bitcoin. I've created a wallet using Luno but a bit stuck now. Luna need me to transfer money to them using Iban which is fine but once they have my money and I get the bitcoin into my wallet, tokenpay want me to add my wallet address so the bitcoin can be transferred to them to but tokenpay with so am a bit lost now

https://www.tokenpay.com?rc=0GH51

There seems to be a new coin coming out every week! I will keep an eye on this one as it's connected to the onion browser (darkweb). I was tempted by Monero but never invested, for the time being I am going to stick with Bitcoin and Litecoin but keep me updated on how this one goes

There seems to be a new coin coming out every week! I will keep an eye on this one as it's connected to the onion browser (darkweb). I was tempted by Monero but never invested, for the time being I am going to stick with Bitcoin and Litecoin but keep me updated on how this one goes

I've ploughed everything into bitcoin for now. It's doing well and I can rest easy using EToro and Coinbase. Tokenpay seems too much faffing about to be honest

I've ploughed everything into bitcoin for now. It's doing well and I can rest easy using EToro and Coinbase. Tokenpay seems too much faffing about to be honest

Bitcoin is ridiculous at the moment, I've literally doubled my money now. Tempted to take what I invested back and just let the profit run and see how far it goes. You look on all the news pages and everybody is saying its a bubble, it's got the banks running scared. The negative press hasn't affected it so far but I do wonder if it will now it is making major headlines. If you look beyond the headlines and research it you will see that it could be the future and a much better store of value than fiat currency is (if people buy into it), how many people will look beyond the headlines though?

I'm going to hold it all for a bit longer I think, I expect a drop of a couple of grand again soon but then another bull run to take it over £13k maybe more? in the next month

Bitcoin is ridiculous at the moment, I've literally doubled my money now. Tempted to take what I invested back and just let the profit run and see how far it goes. You look on all the news pages and everybody is saying its a bubble, it's got the banks running scared. The negative press hasn't affected it so far but I do wonder if it will now it is making major headlines. If you look beyond the headlines and research it you will see that it could be the future and a much better store of value than fiat currency is (if people buy into it), how many people will look beyond the headlines though?

I'm going to hold it all for a bit longer I think, I expect a drop of a couple of grand again soon but then another bull run to take it over £13k maybe more? in the next month

I took out of bitcoin at the start of the week and moved onto Ripple. Great decision as it's flying and I reckon it'll hit the dollar mark by the weekend. Moved from. 0.24 to 0.8 in 3 days and I reckon it's gonna keep climbing. BTC started as low and look at it now. Think I'm gonna hold with Ripple for the long game

I took out of bitcoin at the start of the week and moved onto Ripple. Great decision as it's flying and I reckon it'll hit the dollar mark by the weekend. Moved from. 0.24 to 0.8 in 3 days and I reckon it's gonna keep climbing. BTC started as low and look at it now. Think I'm gonna hold with Ripple for the long game

More a Flake man myself.

Back