• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you invest and through what site?

I use Etoro and Coinbase. Deposited $100 in Etoro and £100 in coinbase. All on Bitcoin in Coinbase and up £30 at the moment. Etoro is the one doing well, mainly as I had all but $35 in bitcoin. I put the $35 on Ripple on Monday when it was at $0.24. When it hit $0.48 I moved the rest from bitcoin to Ripple. Ripple currently sitting at $0.81 and I reckon it will hit the dollar mark by the weekend. If it continues to rise, it could turn into another bitcoin winner and my original $105 could easily rise to $10,000. It won't take much for it really rocket I reckon. It hits the $24 mark per coin, my $35 becomes $3500 and my £105 at 0.48 investment turns into $5250. The more it rises, the more I earn. It may take 8 years like its taken bitcoin, but you can see why someone investing $100 at $0.03 in 2009 is now a millionaire

I use Etoro and Coinbase. Deposited $100 in Etoro and £100 in coinbase. All on Bitcoin in Coinbase and up £30 at the moment. Etoro is the one doing well, mainly as I had all but $35 in bitcoin. I put the $35 on Ripple on Monday when it was at $0.24. When it hit $0.48 I moved the rest from bitcoin to Ripple. Ripple currently sitting at $0.81 and I reckon it will hit the dollar mark by the weekend. If it continues to rise, it could turn into another bitcoin winner and my original $105 could easily rise to $10,000. It won't take much for it really rocket I reckon. It hits the $24 mark per coin, my $35 becomes $3500 and my £105 at 0.48 investment turns into $5250. The more it rises, the more I earn. It may take 8 years like its taken bitcoin, but you can see why someone investing $100 at $0.03 in 2009 is now a millionaire

Thank you, very helpful.

It may take 8 years like its taken bitcoin, but you can see why someone investing $100 at $0.03 in 2009 is now a millionaire

A real millionaire or an "on paper" millionaire? I find this all very odd but I clearly don't understand it!

It’s history repeating itself all over again. The trick is to get in and out before the bubble bursts. I have ZERO sympathy for anyone that makes a loss by jumping on the bandwagon when it does. Just like CDO and CMO before them there are so many experts

It’s history repeating itself all over again. The trick is to get in and out before the bubble bursts. I have ZERO sympathy for anyone that makes a loss by jumping on the bandwagon when it does. Just like CDO and CMO before them there are so many ‘experts’ out there that will miraculously be in the ‘I told you so’ camp. It might take 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, 1 year or 10 years but burst it will because it is fuelled by speculation and backed by little else except the cash investment in the first place.

I’m IN by the way but with eyes wide open.

Real millionaire. You sell your coins or if you are just trading using a CFD broker, you close your trade and withdraw your money

I asked because we had someone apply for a tenancy recently who claimed they were a bitcoin millionaire but I don't think it wasn't admissible for his tenancy application.

I asked because we had someone apply for a tenancy recently who claimed they were a bitcoin millionaire but I don't think it wasn't admissible for his tenancy application.

Until he has cashed out and has the money in his account, I wouldn't hold much credibility to being a bitcoin millionaire

It’s history repeating itself all over again. The trick is to get in and out before the bubble bursts. I have ZERO sympathy for anyone that makes a loss by jumping on the bandwagon when it does. Just like CDO and CMO before them there are so many ‘experts’ out there that will miraculously be in the ‘I told you so’ camp. It might take 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, 1 year or 10 years but burst it will because it is fuelled by speculation and backed by little else except the cash investment in the first place.

I’m IN by the way but with eyes wide open.

I am in but I have only invested what I can afford to lose. I chose Ripple as it was still at a very low value of $0.24, which is pretty much where Bitcoin started. Currently hovering around the $0.8 mark but I can't see it dropping back down to $0.24 again so I think I am safe. Happy to keep the money there for as long as it takes to climb to a sensible value but I hold 370 units overall and the thought of the value hitting the heights of Bitcoin in 2, 3, 5 or 10 years is very appealing

I have recently been talking with some expertsin the cryptocurrency world as a entreprenurual friend of mine is looking intosetting up a mining enterprise (an associate of his in the US has made $1m intheir 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 3months!). There are a few currencies that have been recommendedand Kraken as the place to buy them. Whilst there are a lot of peoplepredicting the bubble bursting, there are also people predicting growth in 2018that will exceed 2017! Rumours of G7 banks buying BTC in 2018, albeit throughexternal fund managers, could see BTC hit dizzy heights.

I have managed to get my stake out as I wasfortunate enough to buy LTC at £42 at the start of november and sell some of it at £275. I’ve left myremaining LTC and BTC to run but if I were to cash it all in today I would belooking at just shy of 400% profit.

Some of these coins will be worth nothing intime, the bubble will definitely burst for some. It may burst for BTC as wellbut that is not a certainty. If it is adopted as a digital store of value (gold2.0) then we would see astronomical rises and it sustaining at a much higherprice than it is now.

Like ORM says you have to go into this witheyes open wide, Crypto’s are highly volatile and a high risk investment. You doyour research and take your risk, my opinion is there is a long way to runbefore the bigger coins bubbles burst and a lot of money to be made.

I have recently been talking with some expertsin the cryptocurrency world as a entreprenurual friend of mine is looking intosetting up a mining enterprise (an associate of his in the US has made $1m intheir 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 3months!). There are a few currencies that have been recommendedand Kraken as the place to buy them. Whilst there are a lot of peoplepredicting the bubble bursting, there are also people predicting growth in 2018that will exceed 2017! Rumours of G7 banks buying BTC in 2018, albeit throughexternal fund managers, could see BTC hit dizzy heights.

I have managed to get my stake out as I wasfortunate enough to buy LTC at £42 at the start of november and sell some of it at £275. I’ve left myremaining LTC and BTC to run but if I were to cash it all in today I would belooking at just shy of 400% profit.

Some of these coins will be worth nothing intime, the bubble will definitely burst for some. It may burst for BTC as wellbut that is not a certainty. If it is adopted as a digital store of value (gold2.0) then we would see astronomical rises and it sustaining at a much higherprice than it is now.

Like ORM says you have to go into this witheyes open wide, Crypto’s are highly volatile and a high risk investment. You doyour research and take your risk, my opinion is there is a long way to runbefore the bigger coins bubbles burst and a lot of money to be made.

Which currencies have been recommended to you? Is IOTA one of them?

I'll have to take a look at Kraken to see what it offers. Happy with the way Ripple is going at the moment. I am at 226% profit on my $35 investment and 67% profit on my $105 investment. I'll stick with it as it's risen from $0.24 to $0.79 in 2 weeks and no noticeable drop but I check on a daily basis and move my Take Profit level up as soon as my profit rises. The last thing I want is for Etoro to close my trade because I haven't raised my TP enough

Which currencies have been recommended to you? Is IOTA one of them?

I'll have to take a look at Kraken to see what it offers. Happy with the way Ripple is going at the moment. I am at 226% profit on my $35 investment and 67% profit on my $105 investment. I'll stick with it as it's risen from $0.24 to $0.79 in 2 weeks and no noticeable drop but I check on a daily basis and move my Take Profit level up as soon as my profit rises. The last thing I want is for Etoro to close my trade because I haven't raised my TP enough

Just on my way to a meeting so will provide a more in depth answer later.

You can't argue with that kind of growth but was told ripple has a massive amount of circulating supply 38,739,144,847 compared to BTC 16,751,625 so it hitting anywhere near the levels of bitcoin is virtually impossible. Should grow a bit but because of the volume of coins it isn't likely to hit LTC ETH levels

Just on my way to a meeting so will provide a more in depth answer later.

You can't argue with that kind of growth but was told ripple has a massive amount of circulating supply 38,739,144,847 compared to BTC 16,751,625 so it hitting anywhere near the levels of bitcoin is virtually impossible. Should grow a bit but because of the volume of coins it isn't likely to hit LTC ETH levels

LTC and ETH have hit $350 and $850 respectively. I'd be happy with $50 for XRP. It would bring me a very tidy sum

I don't know much about bit coins or how it works, but I read earlier (probably fake news) that one of the co-founders of bitcoin (Emil Oldenburg) has sold all of he's entire stock. I wonder if the bubble is about to burst?

Used to post a couple of poker forums when this all first kicked off 7/8 years ago,of course I totally ignored it all and didn't pay it a bit of notice , what a numpty!

Back