• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Right, I've finally sussed this out.

It's not a geographical thing, as 'Mick' points out.

What happens is they take the 8 groups in the South and divide them into two draws.

So, effectively, they put the winners of Groups A,B,C & D in with the losers of Groups E,F,G & H and visa-versa.

This is exactly how it was done last year.

It's so you can't be drawn out from the same group to play each other again.

On this basis, the four teams we can get drawn against are the four winners of groups E,F,G & H, as we are runners-up in Group B. These are :-

Swansea City U21
Luton Town
MK Dons
Peterborough United

This makes my brain ache!!

Question. If it isn't regional and divided from North group winners V South group runner up's and vice versa....

Both Northern and Southern Groups run from A to H ?

How do you predict we will face Swansea, Luton, MK Dons or Posh in the next round? (as they are all in the southern groups?)

On your basis, Surely it would currently be between:

Fleetwood
Blackpool
Rochdale
Port Vale
Walsall
Bradford
Lincoln
Scunthorpe

This makes my brain ache!!

Question. If it isn't regional and divided from North group winners V South group runner up's and vice versa....

Both Northern and Southern Groups run from A to H ?

How do you predict we will face Swansea, Luton, MK Dons or Posh in the next round? (as they are all in the southern groups?)

On your basis, Surely it would currently be between:

Fleetwood
Blackpool
Rochdale
Port Vale
Walsall
Bradford
Lincoln
Scunthorpe

When he says "it's not geographical", he means within the north and south regions there isn't a further geographical split.

Fortunately we will not be going to any of those places you have listed; many are deeply unpleasant.

That's the one, Scunthorpe were 2-0 up with about 15 minutes to play, and Gillingham got 3 penalties in 9 minutes (which Wright scored all 3), to win the game 3-2.

Didn't he score a pen against us as well in the game we lost 2-1 to the Match Officials?

Thanks 'Mick'.

Yep, it remains split between North and South, right up until the final itself 'matti'.

So, just concentrating on the Southern half, for the last 32 round, you can only play sides in E to H, if you were in Group B.

After the last 32 round, the remaining 8 winning Southern teams will then go in a free for all draw.

Cheers Andy & Mick.

Please forgive me, i'm thick. If I was a turkey, I would probably get excited about Christmas!

I miss read your post as it "not being geographical" meaning it was national wide in round two. IE; on the other hand, if it was a "geographical" divide, it would have been divided by geographical differences, such as north & south groups.

Didn't he score a pen against us as well in the game we lost 2-1 to the Match Officials?

Yeah, he got a brace in that game also. It was another game where he scored in quick succession (2 goals in 4 minutes), one from a penalty spot (which was never a penalty) & the other, a classic "Gary Lineker" goal poaching goal.

To make matters worse, Inniss got sent off just before half time to reduce us down to 10 men.

Nile Ranger got our consolation goal for us on 83 minutes, to give us a little hope, but to no avail.

So we were down to 10 from the 2nd half, and as you said, "thanks to the officials" they were playing with 12+ men on the pitch. We got nothing that afternoon. As mentioned, Iniiss got his 2nd Yellow & a Red, Timlin got a Yellow Card as did Cox.

All Gillingham got was a pat on the back from the referee at Full Time.

The only positive to take away that afternoon was the great number of Shrimpers in attendance at Priestfield, I think it was around 1,700+?

Grrrrr!... (not that it still hurts, honestly i'm over it!) :angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nzgr6Hb3_4

Cheers Andy & Mick.

Please forgive me, i'm thick. If I was a turkey, I would probably get excited about Christmas!

I miss read your post as it "not being geographical" meaning it was national wide in round two. IE; on the other hand, if it was a "geographical" divide, it would have been divided by geographical differences, such as north & south groups.

No worries. Yes, it was badly worded, but the Check-A-Trade and it's previous names has always been split North and South, so I was referring more to the East/West split for us Southern teams. The group stages are geographically organized, except the U21 sides, which can be bunged in any group, as Chelsea found out!

When he says "it's not geographical", he means within the north and south regions there isn't a further geographical split.

Fortunately we will not be going to any of those places you have listed; many are deeply unpleasant.

Not as deeply unpleasant as Swansea U21 away.

Back