• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's the reason we follow them....they drive us nuts, on occasion make us deliriously happy....and whatever else....they are never predictable....UTB

1500 will be a very good turn out from the mighty Shrimpers.

Sadly it's looking like I won't get to go but I will listen on the radio.

C'mon you blues

I'm going and I've got Friday and Saturday night in a hotel only 5 minutes walk from the ground, bring it on:smile:

I've given up on our ticket purchasing shambles and have bought one from the Pompey website. I will have to remain very quiet indeed when we score and leap up and down enthusiastically when Pompey score. It won't be easy (!!), but at least I'll have a good seat and my tickets posted to me.

Why they make ticketing such a drama I will never understand.
I booked a ticket on line that it said (pre purchase) would be posted out.
The on-screen confirmation then said my ticket would be printable from my email confirmation.
The email conformation said it would go on the bus to Portsmouth.
The club, as it always has in my near 30 years of supporting, remains an administrative shambles.

I've given up on our ticket purchasing shambles and have bought one from the Pompey website. I will have to remain very quiet indeed when we score and leap up and down enthusiastically when Pompey score. It won't be easy (!!), but at least I'll have a good seat and my tickets posted to me.

In defence of the ticket office and the online ticketing system. I've not had any problems with matchday tickets, and season ticket issues have always been dealt with efficiently.

I bought my Pompey ticket online, paid for postage, and received it 36 hours later. Other tickets where I've opted to collect them, have always been at the place promised when I've turned up.

I go a few times a year, I sometimes book online and the Tickets are most of the time in the next days post

Anyway any updates on the 300 extra tickets sells ?

Up to you mate but that’s a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I bought my tickets online yesterday morning and just waiting for them to come through the post. If for any reason they don’t turn up by Thursday then I’ll ring the club and get an arrangement where I can get them re-printed at Pompey on the day.

Seems a shame to sit in the home end unless you have no choice.

Up to you mate but that’s a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I bought my tickets online yesterday morning and just waiting for them to come through the post. If for any reason they don’t turn up by Thursday then I’ll ring the club and get an arrangement where I can get them re-printed at Pompey on the day.

Seems a shame to sit in the home end unless you have no choice.

True, but at least I'll get a great view of our tremendous travelling support.

The ticket office just phoned me as I was on the waiting list and I’ve purchased mine. So I assume the 300 have been delivered.

The ticket office just phoned me as I was on the waiting list and I’ve purchased mine. So I assume the 300 have been delivered.

Ditto. There was quite a list when i was added yesterday afternoon so anyone wanting to go will need to get their finger out.

Was in a bit of shock.
Phoned box office on the Friday morning, and there waiting on the sideboard were my Portsmouth tickets Saturday morning, Now i have never known them to be that quick.

But it left me with a smile on my face.

Any pubs near the ground 'away fan friendly'?. Last time I went there, they were all for 'homers' only. That included the ones when you crossed the railway bridge on the right hand side heading into town.

As I live in Southampton, and some local knowledge of Portsmouth from my career in the Royal Navy, their is a park and ride on the M275, just outside Portsmouth. They charge £4 for the day and shuttle buses to the city centre or the hard, both close to train stations for a few stops to Fratton station, for those that are driving, cheaper than parking in Gunwharf or most other car parks. I know most will come either by coach or train straight to Fratton station, but, hope this helps some drivers scratching their heads as to where to park. Shuttle buses are every 10 mins, car park closes at 20:00. Plenty of pubs in town, then a walk to Portsmouth Central or more pubs on the hard or Gunwharf and then train from Portsmouth Harbour to Fratton.
:happy:Come on you Shrimpers.:happy:

Any pubs near the ground 'away fan friendly'?. Last time I went there, they were all for 'homers' only. That included the ones when you crossed the railway bridge on the right hand side heading into town.

The better pubs are in Southsea , some really great resturants in Osborne Road .

I rarely buy in advance as there is no need. Ordered mine online last week sometime and not arrived but have an 'item to be signed for' card. Are they being sent out signed post does anyone know?

Back