• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nightmare, first chance I'll have to collect will be Saturday morning. Bloody Portsmouth, just let us turn up and pay.

Why don't you get them posted??

That's really crap.! It's gonna be a tough car run travelling from Carsholton in Surrey in the complete opposite direction, towards Roots Hall to pick up your tickets & then head down to Portsmouth for a 3pm kick off. (probably a 4 hour car journey on my basis, that should just take you about 90 minutes from your home if you had them delivered).

Why don't you get them posted??

That's really crap.! It's gonna be a tough car run travelling from Carsholton in Surrey in the complete opposite direction, towards Roots Hall to pick up your tickets & then head down to Portsmouth for a 3pm kick off. (probably a 4 hour car journey on my basis, that should just take you about 90 minutes from your home if you had them delivered).
they have been posted - but as they are signed for it means I need to get to the sorting office - which I can do but doesn't really fit with other things I need to do.
Just shrimpermoaning!

Well that's better than driving to Roots hall to pick them up. :thumbsup:

My rant is,.... In this modern era, why cant we buy and have a "print at home option" for away games as we do for home games. It cant be that difficult, surely.?.. most theatre's in the smallest of towns have this these days...Let alone even international flights allow these options. to book and chose your seats online.

How difficult can it be?

For a football supporter to purchase a ticket in live time, & online 12 hours before kick off??.. It's hardly brain surgery.

Last edited:
My rant is,.... In this modern era, why cant we buy and have a "print at home option" for away games as we do for home games. It cant be that difficult, surely.?.. most theatre's in the smallest of towns have this these days...Let alone even international flights allow these options. to book and chose your seats online.

How difficult can it be?

For a football supporter to purchase a ticket in live time, & online 12 hours before kick off??.. It's hardly brain surgery.

Print at Home was certainly an option last season, but it has disappeared this time round. I think some people had problems getting the turnstile scanners to accept them. Whatever the reason, that option ain't available.

they have been posted - but as they are signed for it means I need to get to the sorting office - which I can do but doesn't really fit with other things I need to do.
Just shrimpermoaning!

I thought one of the options on 'special delivery' was to have them re-delivered at a convenient time?

When I lived in Eastwood, I was right on the Rayleigh/Southend border and most of my post went back to the Southend office, which is a pain in the a**e, so they advised me to just ask them to re-deliver the following day and that's what they did.

Just a thought.

This morning I booked two tickets for the east stand yellows( b) for Oxford game 25th Nov

Option by post

Let’s see if they arrive this week, I bet they arrive tomorrow

I thought one of the options on 'special delivery' was to have them re-delivered at a convenient time?

When I lived in Eastwood, I was right on the Rayleigh/Southend border and most of my post went back to the Southend office, which is a pain in the a**e, so they advised me to just ask them to re-deliver the following day and that's what they did.

Just a thought.

You can always request "local collect" where you pick your item up from your local post office and saves a long journey in Andy case. The good thing locally for SS0,1,2,3,4 and 9 people is that the RM office is open long hours, including Sundays! That option isnt available for those living in more rural areas as most office only open 5/6 hours per day, hence the Local Collect option being a better bet!

Kev

This morning I booked two tickets for the east stand yellows( b) for Oxford game 25th Nov

Option by post

Let’s see if they arrive this week, I bet they arrive tomorrow

I can't remember the last time I had bother with the ticket office and I probably order from them about ten times a season. Oxford tickets, ordered online, arrived within three days last week.

Too late to get a postal ticket. :sad:

I really want to attend this, Might have to do a swerve from lunch time in order to make it down to Roots Hall before 3pm!

Any updates?...Is it sold out?

Too late to get a postal ticket. :sad:

I really want to attend this, Might have to do a swerve from lunch time in order to make it down to Roots Hall before 3pm!

Any updates?...Is it sold out?
Still available online by the looks of it. Why not order online and if you don't pick up today, the tickets can be picked up at Portsmouth tomorrow. Although a word of warning allow plenty of time if picking up tomorrow as the collection point is the other side of the ground and usually very busy.

Totally agree with UtS, been in that situation before...a little chaotic to say the least....advise "early doors" turn up / pick up for peace of mind ..:thumbsup:

Apart from the fact that we are the mighty Shrimpers and a very attractive and useful side (if only), why has this match become a sell out? Have I missed something? Don't forget to applaud on the 58th minute for their fan who died of cancer.

Personally, I don't think it will be a sell out - just been on the Pompey ticket website, plenty of tickets available and no "buy now cos we're selling out" warnings

Back