Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ENGLAND V Germany ..Brazil...

I was impressed by the England youngsters.

They played with a freshness that older, more weary teams have struggled with. Loftus-Cheek looked a natural player but I liked what Tammy Abraham showed as well. A lot of his passes were too far forward, almost as if he was expecting team mates to have anticipated earlier. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust because that could be a sign of a quick football mind or just a heavy touch.

As Chelsea seem to be reluctant to play them I'd like to see them move abroad. England would certainly benefit.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    They don't do away games nowadays, well at least not the proper qualifiers thank god.

Had the misfortune of being on the same bus (airport transfer) as the band one away match a couple of campaigns ago, what an entitled obnoxious bunch of *****.
    I got lumbered with them out in Albania years ago. I was glad when a rock came over the top and hit me in the back. It was a blessed relief and took my mind completely off their rattle.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

If you come to Germany.they have the same sort of thing,drums etc....but they also have fans with loudspeakers-microphones,Nürnberg has 5 of them,all standing on the fence platform...leading the singing,the whole match,going on and on..telling everybody,what to sing and if they dont along they are not real fans.
    But people say the atmosphere at German are great.

I think this is an age thing.We are all older now...if we were 16-24 years old,we would love it and be singing along with them

Question
    Has there been anything written-spoken about in the UK press-tv,about the young muslim girl who walked onto the pitch with the German team wearing a muslim head-dress(hijab??)?
    There has been a reaction here,quite a few people have moaned about it,one way or the other.
    I believe there is also a petition now,which will be sent to the FA,about her

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    Question
    Has there been anything written-spoken about in the UK press-tv,about the young muslim girl who walked onto the pitch with the German team wearing a muslim head-dress(hijab??)?
    There has been a reaction here,quite a few people have moaned about it,one way or the other.
    Obviously not, as I've heard or read nothing. What does the petition say (I'm thinking it's intellegible nonsense).

Question
    Can't even find anything on Google on it so presumably not. Was the girl just a mascot that happened to be Muslim? Sounds like a bit of a non story if so.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

Sorry,just a quick look again, the petition (on facebook i think) is to sent to the FA,that the FA must say sorry that this young muslim girl had to wear a hijab.
    Its all in German,so unless you canread German...its all "double Dutch!!
    Now for the game,watched our world champs(u-20s) lose today in Germany 2-1 ..on tv

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Volume button comig into play. Hoddle getting on my nerves already.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Another 0-0. I guess the positives are we held the top 2 world teams of Germany and Brazil to a draw, which should in theory mean we should have what it takes to get out of the group stages in the world cup against lesser sides.

Other than that, what did we learn from those friendlies? I think Southgate still has no idea of he's starting 11 at this stage.

I feel both teams ultimately had the upper hand against us (which is to be expected I guess) & not be taken as a negative from our recent performances.

Other than Loftus Cheek, which crop of the new youngsters impressed you the most?

I'm still not convinced, about us playing 3 at the back, although I thought our defending was good overall, however I thought our passing was poor tonight, we seemed to play every other ball straight into the legs or chest of the Brazilians.

Hopefully we will learn a bit more about our real 11 when we face Holland & Italy in March next year.

I was impressed with Gomez, was excellent I thought, infact the whole defence played well. Solanke looked useful and showed some neat touches and dribbling and the same from Rashford (who was a little isolated at times with little help from Vardy) and Lingard looked good as well.

I like Dier but I thought he was poor tonight, he seemed to always want too much time on the ball and lost it time and again in dangerous areas. Same could be said for Bertrand, didn't have a particularly good game either.
    __________________________________________________ __

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Something tells me it's all happening at the zoo. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    __________________________________________________ __

I swear every time I watch Jake Livermore he just gives the ball away! Glen Hoddle was irritating as usual. I did not really hear the band that much this game or maybe I have just erased it from my memory? Impressed with Gomez and Stones looks like a different player from last year. Dier and Bertrand were also very poor.

It was an interesting game,sure we will do more in the next two games.
    Sadly now lost filmon,so could only watch it on a German channel,they thought it was not that good.

As for the little muslim girl,its on a few German sites...if you can read German..
    Kind-kupftuch ist missbrauch or
    skandal bei fussball spiel deutschland-England...

if you want to sign the petition!!...A bit like England at friendlys....what ever you do,you cannot win

It was an interesting game,sure we will do more in the next two games.
    Sadly now lost filmon,so could only watch it on a German channel,they thought it was not that good.

As for the little muslim girl,its on a few German sites...if you can read German..
    Kind-kupftuch ist missbrauch or
    skandal bei fussball spiel deutschland-England...

if you want to sign the petition!!...A bit like England at friendlys....what ever you do,you cannot win
    Babel fish gives: Child kupftuch is abuse or scandal at foot ball game Germany-England...

So bollox probably spread by Russian bots.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Thought the kids were excellent defensively against Brazil yesterday.Certainly poses Southgate some selection problems against Holland & Italy next year.
    "We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodical fits of morality."

Thomas Babington Macaulay.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Plow View Post
    I was impressed with Gomez, was excellent I thought, infact the whole defence played well. Solanke looked useful and showed some neat touches and dribbling and the same from Rashford (who was a little isolated at times with little help from Vardy) and Lingard looked good as well.

I like Dier but I thought he was poor tonight, he seemed to always want too much time on the ball and lost it time and again in dangerous areas. Same could be said for Bertrand, didn't have a particularly good game either.
    I really liked Gomez too - first time I've properly watched him.

Cannot see what Livermore brings to the party, but he appears to be 'in' now so I suspect he'll go to Russia.

All told, a fairly encouraging couple of games I thought.