• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I swear every time I watch Jake Livermore he just gives the ball away! Glen Hoddle was irritating as usual. I did not really hear the band that much this game or maybe I have just erased it from my memory? Impressed with Gomez and Stones looks like a different player from last year. Dier and Bertrand were also very poor.

It was an interesting game,sure we will do more in the next two games.
Sadly now lost filmon,so could only watch it on a German channel,they thought it was not that good.

As for the little muslim girl,its on a few German sites...if you can read German..
Kind-kupftuch ist missbrauch or
skandal bei fussball spiel deutschland-England...

if you want to sign the petition!!:omg:...A bit like England at friendlys....what ever you do,you cannot win

It was an interesting game,sure we will do more in the next two games.
Sadly now lost filmon,so could only watch it on a German channel,they thought it was not that good.

As for the little muslim girl,its on a few German sites...if you can read German..
Kind-kupftuch ist missbrauch or
skandal bei fussball spiel deutschland-England...

if you want to sign the petition!!:omg:...A bit like England at friendlys....what ever you do,you cannot win

Babel fish gives: Child kupftuch is abuse or scandal at foot ball game Germany-England...

So bollox probably spread by Russian bots.

I was impressed with Gomez, was excellent I thought, infact the whole defence played well. Solanke looked useful and showed some neat touches and dribbling and the same from Rashford (who was a little isolated at times with little help from Vardy) and Lingard looked good as well.

I like Dier but I thought he was poor tonight, he seemed to always want too much time on the ball and lost it time and again in dangerous areas. Same could be said for Bertrand, didn't have a particularly good game either.

I really liked Gomez too - first time I've properly watched him.

Cannot see what Livermore brings to the party, but he appears to be 'in' now so I suspect he'll go to Russia.

All told, a fairly encouraging couple of games I thought.

I really liked Gomez too - first time I've properly watched him.

Cannot see what Livermore brings to the party, but he appears to be 'in' now so I suspect he'll go to Russia.

All told, a fairly encouraging couple of games I thought.

Bit toothless up front unfortunately. Bet Rooney would have stuck that last minute chance away.....:whistling:

Gomez is almost custom-made to be on the left of a back three. If he's fit and features remotely consistently for Liverpool in the second half of the season - and he's already looking like an upgrade on Lovren and Klavan - then he's going to Russia.

3-4-2-1 looks to be the system that gets the most out of the players we have at our disposal.

Gomez - Stones - A.N.Other
Rose - Dier - Winks - Walker
Alli - Rashford
Kane

That'd be how I'd line up.

I too don't get the fascination with Livermore, but he's done more in the last two games than Henderson's done in the last two years for England, so that might get him on the plane.

Question
Has there been anything written-spoken about in the UK press-tv,about the young muslim girl who walked onto the pitch with the German team wearing a muslim head-dress(hijab??)?

Complaining about what a young girl wears seems like the type of political correctness gone mad that the Daily Mail would be all over.

I can't see what it has got to do with a football match though.

If you want to make a political point out of it, maybe the politics forum is the place to do so?

Gomez is almost custom-made to be on the left of a back three. If he's fit and features remotely consistently for Liverpool in the second half of the season - and he's already looking like an upgrade on Lovren and Klavan - then he's going to Russia.

3-4-2-1 looks to be the system that gets the most out of the players we have at our disposal.

Gomez - Stones - A.N.Other
Rose - Dier - Winks - Walker
Alli - Rashford
Kane

That'd be how I'd line up.

I too don't get the fascination with Livermore, but he's done more in the last two games than Henderson's done in the last two years for England, so that might get him on the plane.

Wasn't Gomez on the right and Maguire on the left?

I like Dier but thought he looked really "clunky" against Brazil's quick passing.

My candidate for a player who hasn't done anything for England for two years is Dele Alli. I'm a little concerned in case he's the successor to Gerrard.

My candidate for a player who hasn't done anything for England for two years is Dele Alli. I'm a little concerned in case he's the successor to Gerrard.

Still very young of course - he'll be 22 at the World Cup - but yes, he's not done much in an England shirt for a while. Here's hoping he's saving himself for Russia because he is a serious talent.

Wasn't Gomez on the right and Maguire on the left?

I like Dier but thought he looked really "clunky" against Brazil's quick passing.

Think that might've been more to accommodate Maguire, who I'd imagine would make way for Cahill/Jones/Smalling, in that order. Gomez has played across the back four in his career so would imagine he'd be fairly adept in any of the back-three positions.

Alli hasn't done much in a Spurs shirt this season either, with all kinds of talk surrounding agents and potential interest from abroad. He's still got roughly eight years of international mediocrity before he can be placed in the Gerrard echelon though.

Think we are finally getting the idea that wearen’t a top team and we do have to be hard to beat and frustrate teams, we didthat very well in both these games. If we can keep that kind of defensivesolidity then we could see our best world cup for some time. The key to usnicking the odd goal is having pace on the counter. I think Southgate mightwell have a decent game plan. I still don’t expect a great deal but maybe wecould get to the quarters or something

Think we are finally getting the idea that wearen’t a top team and we do have to be hard to beat and frustrate teams, we didthat very well in both these games. If we can keep that kind of defensivesolidity then we could see our best world cup for some time. The key to usnicking the odd goal is having pace on the counter. I think Southgate mightwell have a decent game plan. I still don’t expect a great deal but maybe wecould get to the quarters or something

That's the spirit!

That's the spirit!

:hilarious: our expectations as a nation are ridiculous though. I think the last time we could realistically expect to be amongst the contenders was 2002, if you look at our world cup squads since then they have been someway off the same quality.

Still very young of course - he'll be 22 at the World Cup - but yes, he's not done much in an England shirt for a while. Here's hoping he's saving himself for Russia because he is a serious talent.

Yes, that's all true and we can hope.

Personally, I wouldn't be inking him into the side just yet. With the likes of Rashford, Lallana, Sterling and now Loftus-Cheek also as options we have options. He has the talent to do so, but he needs to earn the place.

Think that might've been more to accommodate Maguire, who I'd imagine would make way for Cahill/Jones/Smalling, in that order. Gomez has played across the back four in his career so would imagine he'd be fairly adept in any of the back-three positions.

Alli hasn't done much in a Spurs shirt this season either, with all kinds of talk surrounding agents and potential interest from abroad. He's still got roughly eight years of international mediocrity before he can be placed in the Gerrard echelon though.

Sadly also true.

Yes, that's all true and we can hope.

Personally, I wouldn't be inking him into the side just yet. With the likes of Rashford, Lallana, Sterling and now Loftus-Cheek also as options we have options. He has the talent to do so, but he needs to earn the place.

I really like Rashford; so exciting. Pleased too with Sterling, who appeared to stall for a year or two but is really shining at Man City now - and shining in that team takes some talent. Lallana, assuming he comes back ok from this injury, would be in my starting XI and hopefully Loftus-Cheek will keep knocking on the door.

Plenty of reasons to be cheerful. NB - this is not me saying that we're going to win the World Cup!

I really like Rashford; so exciting. Pleased too with Sterling, who appeared to stall for a year or two but is really shining at Man City now - and shining in that team takes some talent. Lallana, assuming he comes back ok from this injury, would be in my starting XI and hopefully Loftus-Cheek will keep knocking on the door.

Plenty of reasons to be cheerful. NB - this is not me saying that we're going to win the World Cup!

Yeah, all you really want to see is that the team is en route to improve. There will be bumps on the way but if it's generally moving in the right direction that's all you can ask for and that's what's happening with England at the moment.

I'd like to see how Loftus-Cheek goes off the bench. He could be a real weapon to bring on as the game starts to break up and get stretched and it should play to his strengths. Some players aren't so good coming off the bench though and need time to get into the game. If he can be the impact player off the bench that's huge for Southgate.

Back