• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Though I heard them singing towards the end but they were drowned out by the Good Old England band.

Incidentally Ozzie, how many German regulars were missing? I make LB right in that both teams seemed to have put out experimental line ups.

not sure,tbh,but a few.
Even Germanys "b" team won the confed cup.
But the Germans did say the game v France will be a lot harder

I enjoyed the Germany game and hope Southgate gives some of the young players a chance at the world cup.

I saw in the paper today that Ruben Loftus Cheek is a stepbrother of Carl Cort and ex blue Leon Cort .

I can only hope Loftus-Cheek's performance - and Dier's, for that matter - sends Henderson even further down Southgate's pecking order for Russia.

An Englang game that I actually enjoyed. I haven't said that since... I honestly cannot remember. Also this may divide opinion, but I cannot stand the England band droning on and on and on it gives me a headache.:thumbdown:

An Englang game that I actually enjoyed. I haven't said that since... I honestly cannot remember. Also this may divide opinion, but I cannot stand the England band droning on and on and on it gives me a headache.:thumbdown:

Me neither.Interesting they they always seem to start playing at their loudest, when the team is playing badly.Don't think that fools anybody.

I was 'lucky' enough to be sat not far from them at an England game a little while ago. Un-****ing-bearable.

And the band weren't great either. Boom boom!

They don't do away games nowadays, well at least not the proper qualifiers thank god.

Had the misfortune of being on the same bus (airport transfer) as the band one away match a couple of campaigns ago, what an entitled obnoxious bunch of *****.

I was impressed by the England youngsters.

They played with a freshness that older, more weary teams have struggled with. Loftus-Cheek looked a natural player but I liked what Tammy Abraham showed as well. A lot of his passes were too far forward, almost as if he was expecting team mates to have anticipated earlier. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust because that could be a sign of a quick football mind or just a heavy touch.

As Chelsea seem to be reluctant to play them I'd like to see them move abroad. England would certainly benefit.

They don't do away games nowadays, well at least not the proper qualifiers thank god.

Had the misfortune of being on the same bus (airport transfer) as the band one away match a couple of campaigns ago, what an entitled obnoxious bunch of *****.

I got lumbered with them out in Albania years ago. I was glad when a rock came over the top and hit me in the back. It was a blessed relief and took my mind completely off their rattle.

If you come to Germany.they have the same sort of thing,drums etc....but they also have fans with loudspeakers-microphones,Nürnberg has 5 of them,all standing on the fence platform...leading the singing,the whole match,going on and on..telling everybody,what to sing and if they dont along they are not real fans.
But people say the atmosphere at German are great.

I think this is an age thing.We are all older now...if we were 16-24 years old,we would love it and be singing along with them

Question
Has there been anything written-spoken about in the UK press-tv,about the young muslim girl who walked onto the pitch with the German team wearing a muslim head-dress(hijab??)?
There has been a reaction here,quite a few people have moaned about it,one way or the other.
I believe there is also a petition now,which will be sent to the FA,about her

Question
Has there been anything written-spoken about in the UK press-tv,about the young muslim girl who walked onto the pitch with the German team wearing a muslim head-dress(hijab??)?
There has been a reaction here,quite a few people have moaned about it,one way or the other.

Obviously not, as I've heard or read nothing. What does the petition say (I'm thinking it's intellegible nonsense).

Question

Can't even find anything on Google on it so presumably not. Was the girl just a mascot that happened to be Muslim? Sounds like a bit of a non story if so.

Sorry,just a quick look again, the petition (on facebook i think) is to sent to the FA,that the FA must say sorry that this young muslim girl had to wear a hijab.
Its all in German,so unless you canread German...its all "double Dutch!!:smile:
Now for the game,watched our world champs(u-20s) lose today in Germany 2-1 ..on tv

Another 0-0. I guess the positives are we held the top 2 world teams of Germany and Brazil to a draw, which should in theory mean we should have what it takes to get out of the group stages in the world cup against lesser sides.

Other than that, what did we learn from those friendlies? I think Southgate still has no idea of he's starting 11 at this stage.

I feel both teams ultimately had the upper hand against us (which is to be expected I guess) & not be taken as a negative from our recent performances.

Other than Loftus Cheek, which crop of the new youngsters impressed you the most?

I'm still not convinced, about us playing 3 at the back, although I thought our defending was good overall, however I thought our passing was poor tonight, we seemed to play every other ball straight into the legs or chest of the Brazilians.

Hopefully we will learn a bit more about our real 11 when we face Holland & Italy in March next year.

I was impressed with Gomez, was excellent I thought, infact the whole defence played well. Solanke looked useful and showed some neat touches and dribbling and the same from Rashford (who was a little isolated at times with little help from Vardy) and Lingard looked good as well.

I like Dier but I thought he was poor tonight, he seemed to always want too much time on the ball and lost it time and again in dangerous areas. Same could be said for Bertrand, didn't have a particularly good game either.

Back