• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it took Sheff Utd 7 years to get out of this division, so I think it's unrealistic to "expect" promotion in only our 3rd season back here. If we ended up similar to last year or sneak into the play-offs, then there's no reason why PB shouldn't get a new contract.

I still can't work out how to multi-quote, wanted to include DWB's and UL's posts above :(

I think it took Sheff Utd 7 years to get out of this division, so I think it's unrealistic to "expect" promotion in only our 3rd season back here. If we ended up similar to last year or sneak into the play-offs, then there's no reason why PB shouldn't get a new contract.

I still can't work out how to multi-quote, wanted to include DWB's and UL's posts above :(

On the multi-quote, you find the first post you want to quote and click the little button in the bottom right that has a quote and + sign.

Then you find the next one you want to quote and if that is the last one, you click 'reply with quote' and it will drop both into your text box.

More than two quotes you just keep clicking the '+' one I mentioned earlier, but when you are finished, the last one should be the 'reply with quote' one.

HTH.

On the multi-quote, you find the first post you want to quote and click the little button in the bottom right that has a quote and + sign.

Then you find the next one you want to quote and if that is the last one, you click 'reply with quote' and it will drop both into your text box.

More than two quotes you just keep clicking the '+' one I mentioned earlier, but when you are finished, the last one should be the 'reply with quote' one.

HTH.
Like this ? :smile:

There was a strong implication in there that a mid-table finish is what you're expecting.

If we do only finish (say) 12th, then Brown's position is certainly in doubt.

If we make the playoffs (and don't go up), or perhaps get very close like last year, then a season of effectively standing still would be disappointing, but I think enough to see Brown given a new deal.

No, you did misunderstand me. My point wasn't that I think we will finish mid table, it's that the way Ron has backed Brown with extra funds for better quality signings, he isn't expecting a mid table finish. You don't back someone to the extent Brown has been backed but only think you will finish mid table. Clearly Ron wants to push on and is hoping to do so by his actions. You don't put money into something and not expect a return

We aren't Sheff Utd. They have the funds and backing, along with revenue to keep ploughing money into the quest for promotion. If we don't get promotion this year, I really can't see Ron throwing the same sort of money at the team for another 2 or 3 years. It will come to a point where he will say no more and either PB will have to work on a lower budget or he will go and another manager will come in and have to work with what we have.

That's multi quoting for you

Back