• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's a good question.

Why don't we let Harold Baim and one of his wonderful Public Information Films help out, along with Telly Savalas, of course! :smile: :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EmrGSqteGo

These films are broadcasting gold. If you haven't seen the Birmingham one, then it's a must!

That is a stunning pediment at the end of the film.

----------------------oxley-----------------
demetriou---turner-----white------timlin
wright----leonard---wordsworth--mclaughlin
-----------cox-----fortune------------------

robinson, ranger, kightly, ferdinand, smith, yearwood, hendrie

Really looking forward to this - I emailed Portsmouth earlier as I couldn't see a great deal of information - found this quite a helpful response:

[FONT=&quot]Away fans are housed on one side of the Milton End (on the North Stand side) where the normal allocation is 2,000. (I believe Southend are bringing around 1,500). Turnstiles open at 1.30pm. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are catering facilities at the Milton End but these can become pretty congested with the more visiting supporters present.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is a McDonalds and KFC across the road from the ground and a big Tesco store behind the Fratton End.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you would like food and a drink The Good Companion pub on the Eastern Road https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/hampshire/good-companion/ This is about a ten minute walk to Fratton Park which is straight ahead. There are nearer pubs but this is the one we would advise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If coming by train Fratton Park is a ten minute walk and as you cross bridge you will clearly see stadium to your left straight ahead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is limited car parking in the Anson Road Car Park behind the North Stand for first come first served at £10.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I haven't been to Portsmouth for more than 30 years. Last time I was at Fratton Park the club was building a team that would take them all the way to the top division and featured some great players such as Knight in goal. I think I am correct in thinking that Knight played for Portsmouth in all 4 divisions - not many players can make such a claim (in fact I would be interested to know if there are others).

Anyway, other than the win against Blackpool, they have lost their previous 3 matches. Same team as suggested by Danbury and fingers crossed for 3 points, a clean sheet and no yellow cards. Not asking much, is it?

I haven't been to Portsmouth for more than 30 years. Last time I was at Fratton Park the club was building a team that would take them all the way to the top division and featured some great players such as Knight in goal. I think I am correct in thinking that Knight played for Portsmouth in all 4 divisions - not many players can make such a claim (in fact I would be interested to know if there are others).

Anyway, other than the win against Blackpool, they have lost their previous 3 matches. Same team as suggested by Danbury and fingers crossed for 3 points, a clean sheet and no yellow cards. Not asking much, is it?

I am sure there was a Swansea player who played in all four divisions with them as they went up, up and up from their brief and close call meeting with relegation to the Conference. The name will come to me but not at the present.

For tomorrow we ought to be up for it and fresh "out of the traps", rested, refreshed and a big crowd to get all going.

Nil Nil draw.:blush:

According to knowledgeable sources Leon Britton has represented Swansea in all four professional divisions along with former team mates Alan Tate and Garry Monk. Brett Ormerod has also achieved the four.

I am sure there was a Swansea player who played in all four divisions with them as they went up, up and up from their brief and close call meeting with relegation to the Conference. The name will come to me but not at the present.

For tomorrow we ought to be up for it and fresh "out of the traps", rested, refreshed and a big crowd to get all going.

Nil Nil draw.:blush:

Leon Britton and Gary Monk.

Name the former shrimper who is a goalkeeping coach at Portsmouth.

Really looking forward to this - I emailed Portsmouth earlier as I couldn't see a great deal of information - found this quite a helpful response:

Away fans are housed on one side of the Milton End (on the North Stand side) where the normal allocation is 2,000. (I believe Southend are bringing around 1,500). Turnstiles open at 1.30pm.

There are catering facilities at the Milton End but these can become pretty congested with the more visiting supporters present.

There is a McDonalds and KFC across the road from the ground and a big Tesco store behind the Fratton End.

If you would like food and a drink The Good Companion pub on the Eastern Road https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/hampshire/good-companion/ This is about a ten minute walk to Fratton Park which is straight ahead. There are nearer pubs but this is the one we would advise.

If coming by train Fratton Park is a ten minute walk and as you cross bridge you will clearly see stadium to your left straight ahead.

There is limited car parking in the Anson Road Car Park behind the North Stand for first come first served at £10.

this pub is ok but has no sky sports, food and beer is reasonably priced, less than 10 minute walk from ground but a little run down, already in here and they have said away supporters are welcome tomorow:thumbsup:

King Billy Best played in all four divisions ( I think) not all for us though unfortunately

According to knowledgeable sources Leon Britton has represented Swansea in all four professional divisions along with former team mates Alan Tate and Garry Monk. Brett Ormerod has also achieved the four.

Slightly off topic, (although he did play for Portsmouth) but I recently read that (local lad, well Irish born, but raised in Chelmsford)... Steve Finnan: He is the only footballer to have played in the World Cup, Euro Qualifications, Champions League, UEFA Cup, Intertoto Cup, all Four levels of the Football League and also in the Conference League.

I think that was Jeremy Charles. Also, possibly Robbie James.

I think that was Jeremy Charles. Also, possibly Robbie James.

Both plus Alan Curtis played in all four divisions with Swansea - but had a short time at Leeds.
Robbie James died at the age of 40 playing for Llanelli when he was player manager.

Alan Curtis. That was the other one. Cheers 'LBBLue'.

I didn't know that about Robbie James. Just Googled and read up. Tragic stuff. :thumbdown:

We have a spare ticket for today. PM me if you need one. Can meet you at London Bridge as we will be on the 10:06.

I have to say, I'm feeling a little pessimistic about today.

Frankly, we've sold too many tickets.

We never win when we take more than 1,000 to an away game!

Safe journey to everyone travelling.

Make sure to bring back the points!

COYB (COYO)! :happy:

Back