• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Or Southend United 1992 v Southend United 1993

SUFC:

Royce
Heffer
Sains
Sussex
Davidson
Ashenden
Jones K
Tilson
Hall
Cagigao
Brown

Subs:
Gonzague
Rowbury

Barnet:

Andy Pape
Hakan Hayrettin
Dominic Naylor
Tim Alexander
David Howell
Derek Payne
Roger Willis
Nicky Evans
Pat Gavin
Carl Hoddle
Jonathan Hunt

Subs:
Ed Stein
Anthony Naylor

No idea how we did but Barnet were storming that division - this game was in September, in December, Barnet were 10 points clear!

Or Southend United 1992 v Southend United 1993

SUFC:

Royce
Heffer
Sains
Sussex
Davidson
Ashenden
Jones K
Tilson
Hall
Cagigao
Brown

Subs:
Gonzague
Rowbury

Barnet:

Andy Pape
Hakan Hayrettin
Dominic Naylor
Tim Alexander
David Howell
Derek Payne
Roger Willis
Nicky Evans
Pat Gavin
Carl Hoddle
Jonathan Hunt

Subs:
Ed Stein
Anthony Naylor

No idea how we did but Barnet were storming that division - this game was in September, in December, Barnet were 10 points clear!

Poor Tilly and Jonah banished to the reserves. Along with a young Roycie that's three players in the conversation for an all-time Southend XI. Playing in a XIII that only two other players (an out of position Sussex and Steve Brown) would still be playing professional football in a year or two's time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Craig Davidson .

Bad memory flashback!

I was all set to play left back for Billericay Town in the FA Cup 1st round proper about 20 years ago , it was the 1st time we'd ever got that far in the clubs history and the town was buzzin'. As i was a cert to start i told all my mates to watch me on Match of the day on the saturday night .....
But...
On the evening before the big match manager John Kendal (:pig:) decided to sign Craig Davidson from Southend who made his debut and i never played. Gutted.

To be fair i'd seen Davidson play a few times for Southend + although he was very right footed he was a decent player.

Yes we did:
Southend United 3 Barnet 1.
Southend scorers that night were Danny Sains, Francisco Cagigao & Andy Sussex(pen).
We finished a disappointing 6th(of 11) that season with Barnet winning the league two points clear of Orient

Poor Tilly and Jonah banished to the reserves. Along with a young Roycie that's three players in the conversation for an all-time Southend XI. Playing in a XIII that only two other players (an out of position Sussex and Steve Brown) would still be playing professional football in a year or two's time.

Steve Heffer played for Daggers for a fair few years, albeit in the conference

A couple of years ago I read “the club that wouldn’t die- Barnet F.C.” it was a great read even without the obvious southend connection with Barry fry.

Back